two months in

Old May 2nd 2006, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

fox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nice
Default two months in

Hi all
Arrived in Caloundra on the sunshine coast just under 2 months ago.Beautiful place as is most of the sunshine coast.Have rented a 4 bed house in a nice area , bought a car and the children have started a new school.Everything going well but having trouble getting work.My partner (Joanne) hopefully has secured a job but i think it may take me a while. I am a qualified aircraft fitter and trained CNC turner, but most of the relevant work seems to be in Brisbane which is a little to far to commute.I will have to try a career change maybe become a house husband.Aside from this, the obvious homesickness and few friends , everything is great. The children have settled in really well and it is fantastic to be able to take them to the beach after school.It would be great to hear from anyone in the area to share experiences and advice.

Steve
Old May 3rd 2006, 3:56 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: two months in

Originally Posted by fox's2oz
Hi all
Arrived in Caloundra on the sunshine coast just under 2 months ago.Beautiful place as is most of the sunshine coast.Have rented a 4 bed house in a nice area , bought a car and the children have started a new school.Everything going well but having trouble getting work.My partner (Joanne) hopefully has secured a job but i think it may take me a while. I am a qualified aircraft fitter and trained CNC turner, but most of the relevant work seems to be in Brisbane which is a little to far to commute.I will have to try a career change maybe become a house husband.Aside from this, the obvious homesickness and few friends , everything is great. The children have settled in really well and it is fantastic to be able to take them to the beach after school.It would be great to hear from anyone in the area to share experiences and advice.

Steve
hey steve

we came to caloundra from warwickshire via devon last year and like you loving it! dont know how old your kids are? ours are 5 (never make it to 6) and 22 months. we're all settled really well so if you wanna catch up for a beer and chat pm me, cheers