Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Two mad dogs to take to oz

Two mad dogs to take to oz

Old Sep 18th 2006, 5:38 pm
skye

Default Two mad dogs to take to oz

we have two dogs - english springer and a cocker - what do we need to do reference innoculations - our vet is useless.... how much to get them there and the quarantine rules - can you recommend anyone.... and how hard is it being away from them!!! thanks!

Old Sep 18th 2006, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Paraken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Two mad dogs to take to oz

Hi Skye, I'm in the process of applying to Queensland Ambo and i'm just waiting for the job offer in writing to come through. Passed all the other bits, they've just got to check the medical and CRB. We (wife & 3 girls) will be taking our two springers (Toby & Floyd) with us and have had a quite of £4700. 20ft Container will be about £4000. We haven't applied for visa's till job confirmed in writing. Just have to wait now for letter to pop through door and start the process rolling. Good luck, keep in touch.
Originally Posted by skye
we have two dogs - english springer and a cocker - what do we need to do reference innoculations - our vet is useless.... how much to get them there and the quarantine rules - can you recommend anyone.... and how hard is it being away from them!!! thanks!
Old Sep 18th 2006, 6:02 pm
skye

Thanks! - wow are they worth it - of course they are!!! Queensland seems to be recruiting heavily from the uk... i wonder why!!! where are you from...

Old Sep 18th 2006, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Paraken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to behold

Thanks! - wow are they worth it - of course they are!!! Queensland seems to be recruiting heavily from the uk... i wonder why!!! where are you from...
Live in Hertfordshire but work in London (Waterloo). Was interviewed on the 4th July, Leanne and Micheal asking the questions. Had e-mail from Leanne confirming everything received and would be contacting in the next few weeks as long as all was in order. just waiting for Ok to start visa application.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 6:17 pm
skye

dont they sort the visa out for you... we are in touch with Leanne too - if its the same one!

Old Sep 18th 2006, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

dont they sort the visa out for you... we are in touch with Leanne too - if its the same one!
I'm not sure what support they give you with the application. I'm sure when they write with job offer (all being well!) they will explain the process. I've been told that from time of application to getting visa is about 4 months (Sponsored visa).
Old Sep 18th 2006, 6:28 pm
skye

Did you do this through Ambex - or through personal research...... two springers you must be mad! one is bad enough!

Old Sep 18th 2006, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Did you do this through Ambex - or through personal research...... two springers you must be mad! one is bad enough!
They advertised in Ambulance UK Mag, went to see them at Ambex to have a chat then was interviewed at Queensland house. Both my springers are mad, i'm a bit concerned about the laws regarding dogs in Queensland. My dogs are never on the lead, never wear collars. They do as there told till they get to the woods then they're off hunting rabbits and anything else that takes their fancy. They just bring it back to me still alive and drop it at my feet. Apparently dogs must be on the lead in the vast majority of parks and on the beach. I can understand why, with all that wildlife!! Just have to make sure i get a house with a big garden & pool (Kids might like that too!!) Hoping to be based up Hervey Bay way or Bundaberg, much more land with property than in Brisbane and surrounding areas.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 6:49 pm
skye

We saw that too - which got us thinking...... maybe worth us either emailing direct or through PM... would be good to keep in touch as we are in the same boat.......

Old Sep 18th 2006, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

We saw that too - which got us thinking...... maybe worth us either emailing direct or through PM... would be good to keep in touch as we are in the same boat.......
When i get the info i'm waiting for from Leanne ie. the job, then I'll let you know where they want to post me. Do you know if you've got it yet, where are they basing you?
Old Sep 18th 2006, 9:10 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paraken
Hi Skye, I'm in the process of applying to Queensland Ambo and i'm just waiting for the job offer in writing to come through. Passed all the other bits, they've just got to check the medical and CRB. We (wife & 3 girls) will be taking our two springers (Toby & Floyd) with us and have had a quite of £4700. 20ft Container will be about £4000. We haven't applied for visa's till job confirmed in writing. Just have to wait now for letter to pop through door and start the process rolling. Good luck, keep in touch.
Seems a bit high... My 2 staffies are less than half that... Have a search on here and you'll find lots of recommendations to get comparison quotes from... Probably do better on the 20' box too...

Cheers
Rod
Old Sep 19th 2006, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Willij has a spectacular aura aboutWillij has a spectacular aura aboutWillij has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by rodders39
Seems a bit high
Must agree.

We've been quoted £1500 for our springer Toby.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 12:56 pm
skye

Can I ask who you used and what do they do for you....

Originally Posted by Willij
Must agree.

We've been quoted £1500 for our springer Toby.

Old Sep 19th 2006, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Willij has a spectacular aura aboutWillij has a spectacular aura aboutWillij has a spectacular aura about

Can I ask who you used and what do they do for you....
Overhill - Bristol 01275 832489.

Includes applying for permit but bnot cost of permit (and transportation of course)
Old Sep 20th 2006, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

hey all

I brought over my two springers in january - Edinburgh to Sydney (i collected them from sydney!)

jets4pets was by far the cheapest...

Had a quote for just over £2500 (for both dogs, from edinburgh to sydney) which includes the flight, UK airport handling charges,Fuel & War Risk surcharges, vet sealing fees at Heathrow, the import permits, application for the export permits, the animal reception centre at Heathrow [dogs had overnight stay there before qantas flight], and the airline approved containers.

they did everything, completed all paperwork over the phone, I just rocked up at the airport with the dogs and the vet paperwork, loaded the dogs up in their crates and they were on their way a mere 2 hours before us! (we had different flights).

quarantine is 30 days, in melbourne or sydney. payment has to be made before you can collect dogs. if dogs are due to leave at a weekend the payment has to be made on the friday.

you can get a company to fly your dogs from quarantine up to you. we took the opportunity to have a couple of days in sydney. If you're dogs are in sydney there's a really nice holiday inn about a 5 minute drive up from the station and it only look us about 45-60 mins to drive into the city in the evening for a cruise (in the car!!!! hehehehe). we hired a 4wd to go down and bring the dogs back up and had a really good two days actually!!!!!!

Vaccinations (as mentioned everywhere else) is everything EXCEPT lepto. if lepto isn't a big risk in your area then just leave it out when you next get your boosters. if you had you boosters with lepto less thank 6 months ago you may find that your dogs tests positive for it and will not be allowed into australia. solution is just to re-test (2 weeks later) until level has gone down!

we were also worried about how two working-stock spaniels would adapt to having to walk on leads.... we put them into kennels in july when we went back to uk and had them obedience trained. they now walk fine on the lead - no probs. the fenced areas at the park aren't that bad either... there's normally a few dogs running about in there and some willing soul will throw balls for them. my dogs actually probably get a better run in there that they did when we lived in the uk.... the just don't stop! I actually had to carry the puppy (ok she's 18mths now!!) home the other night as she'd run herself ragged!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.