Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Two mad dogs to take to oz

Two mad dogs to take to oz

Old Sep 20th 2006, 3:57 pm
skye

Default Re: Two mad dogs to take to oz

Thank you for an excellent reply...... our two are useless on leads too - the obedience classes seem a good idea - even when we are still in the UK

Old Sep 21st 2006, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

have to admit that we took the easy way out in just leaving the dogs at the kennels and letting the trainer there do the hard work. see www.redgumkennels.com for more info. they're really really good!!! highly recommend if you need a kennel at any time in brissie!

also re: quarantine... when you get here get to the closest petshop and buy some toys for the dogs and send them down, maybe a blanket or two as well. we didn't realise they'd have nothing to keep them amused unless we sent it down. our dogs were given an old tennis ball, but it only took Bailey about 5 minutes to destroy it (so I'm told!) and I think they spent the rest of their time barking!!!!!

with springers be careful to not let them have a really good run for a couple of days after getting out. sometimes their hips have stiffened up and too much running is bad for them. we had them in the car the first day after getting them back (driving up from sydney), then kept them in the house the day after that.

If anyone needs an address or anything for permits then feel free to use mine - PM for details

Ffy
Old Sep 21st 2006, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

steve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the rough

Hi

We have just shipped two GSD's over using Chilworth Kennels. I would highly reccomend them as they were very professional and helpful. They even provided our vets with all the details required.

We boarded the girls for 10 days prior to the fllights and Christopher and his team were great.

They are not the cheapest but is it worth going cheapest, you want to know your dgos are in safe , reliable hands especially if you are paying alot for them to come across.

They were the only company to provide details of onward move to Brisbane.

Good luck

Steve