Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Two days of rain and grey skies on Sunny Coast !

Two days of rain and grey skies on Sunny Coast !

Old May 20th 2006, 6:52 am
sunshinesarah

sunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud of
Default Two days of rain and grey skies on Sunny Coast !

We have just had 2-3 days of cold (OK - below 20 degree days), grey and rainy weather and it makes me think how much the weather plays a part in my new Aussie lifestyle. I haven't done my evening jog along beach, I've eaten too much rubbish food and I've felt a lot more tired than usual. Also, I've been coming in from work cold and jumping straight in the BATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I shouldn't be such a woos - bit of rain never hurt anyone.

Just makes me think I'd really struggle in with the UK weather after being so spoilt here. Garden looks a bit better though......

Sunshine Sarah
Old May 20th 2006, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Two days of rain and grey skies on Sunny Coast !

Originally Posted by sunshinesarah
We have just had 2-3 days of cold (OK - below 20 degree days), grey and rainy weather and it makes me think how much the weather plays a part in my new Aussie lifestyle. I haven't done my evening jog along beach, I've eaten too much rubbish food and I've felt a lot more tired than usual. Also, I've been coming in from work cold and jumping straight in the BATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just makes me think I'd really struggle in with the UK weather after being so spoilt here. Garden looks a bit better though......

Sunshine Sarah
OH NO Sarah not rain! that cannot be.Grey skys.oh no .Hope the weather sorts its self out before the 30th May then that's when we land into Brissie.Maybe its our fault after all we do have the Harris black cloud here in the UK maybe it has decided to follow us lol.
Old May 20th 2006, 7:12 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Send some rain over Wyvenhoe would you?
Old May 20th 2006, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot to say it is wet and windy here in the UK at the moment and has been pretty rotten all week.Also cold I have even had the heating on in the evening to take the chill off the house.
Old May 20th 2006, 7:14 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
Forgot to say it is wet and windy here in the UK at the moment and has been pretty rotten all week.Also cold I have even had the heating on in the evening to take the chill off the house.
We don't have any heating in this house and it's starting to get pretty cold at night. I think I might need to wear socks when winter comes
Old May 20th 2006, 7:19 am
sunshinesarah

sunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
OH NO Sarah not rain! that cannot be.Grey skys.oh no .Hope the weather sorts its self out before the 30th May then that's when we land into Brissie.Maybe its our fault after all we do have the Harris black cloud here in the UK maybe it has decided to follow us lol.
Alas yes! Fear not my friend..rain now,sun on 30th.

Good luck with move
Sarah
Old May 20th 2006, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Alas yes! Fear not my friend..rain now,sun on 30th.

Good luck with move
Sarah
That's what I like to hear.
Old May 20th 2006, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

jdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud of

The weather on the Sunshine Coast has been nice today (finally!)

Blue skies with the occasional wisp of cloud...

Just the way I like it
Old May 20th 2006, 8:26 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Sunshine Sarah

Its been like that for 2 weeks here sarah! lol
I turned the central heating back on yesterday!!!
I'm quite sick of it!

Jackie x
Old May 20th 2006, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
We don't have any heating in this house and it's starting to get pretty cold at night. I think I might need to wear socks when winter comes
I have to wear my slipper sox on an evening already!! When it comes to winter I will probably end up sleeping in them too.
Old May 20th 2006, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Good god. Just looked at the five-day forecast on the BBC for London - the next five days are going to be:
Sat: Rain
Sun: Rain
Mon: Rain
Tues: Rain
Wed: Rain

Look for yourselves:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=4581
Old May 20th 2006, 2:10 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DianneH68
Good god. Just looked at the five-day forecast on the BBC for London - the next five days are going to be:
Sat: Rain
Sun: Rain
Mon: Rain
Tues: Rain
Wed: Rain

Look for yourselves:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=4581
I certainly get the feeling that the old pagan gods of England are doing their level best to make sure I don't leave this country with any happy memories of the weather. Or maybe they're pissed off I'm leaving and are saving all the good stuff for when I've buggered off. If you get a 'Phew what a scorcher' from mid-July onwards then you can thank me.
Old May 20th 2006, 2:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
I certainly get the feeling that the old pagan gods of England are doing their level best to make sure I don't leave this country with any happy memories of the weather. Or maybe they're pissed off I'm leaving and are saving all the good stuff for when I've buggered off. If you get a 'Phew what a scorcher' from mid-July onwards then you can thank me.
And me