Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Two cats in quarantine question??????

Two cats in quarantine question??????

Old Jun 15th 2004, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road
Default Two cats in quarantine question??????

Hi
I was wondering...I have two cats and am currently awaiting quotes to ship them...does anyone know if they will be put in the same cage in quarantine or will they have to be in separate cages there when quarantined? I know they will be happier together.
Thanks to all animal lovers out there who know the answer.
Susan
Old Jun 15th 2004, 8:51 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

yes. they will be together in quarantine.
Old Jun 15th 2004, 8:56 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by callë
yes. they will be together in quarantine.
I think perhaps this depends on the quarantine station, although I can't imagine one refusing to. Certainly I believe that the Melbourne one (Spotswood) will do this if asked and what's more it's cheaper!

Incidentally check with your shipper as they may be able to put them in the same crate in the aircraft, separated by a wire mesh. (No shipper should offer to put them in the crate without some kind of separation, though. It's a bad idea and probably against the regulations.)
Old Jun 15th 2004, 9:01 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: Two cats in quarantine question??????

Originally posted by sunny_samantha
Hi
I was wondering...I have two cats and am currently awaiting quotes to ship them...does anyone know if they will be put in the same cage in quarantine or will they have to be in separate cages there when quarantined? I know they will be happier together.
Susan
Susan,

Have just been investigating this myself and yes, our 2 fellas will be in the same cage - saves money, too ($12/night for first cat, $9/night for second).

(Now all I want is for the kennels to agree to accommodate hubby & me in the cage with them for another $9 each a night & then we'll *really* be saving some cash... )

I'm really gonna miss them good thing we can visit each day.

Good luck with shipping yours!

Anya.
Old Jun 15th 2004, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by anya4oz
Susan,

Have just been investigating this myself and yes, our 2 fellas will be in the same cage - saves money, too ($12/night for first cat, $9/night for second).

(Now all I want is for the kennels to agree to accommodate hubby & me in the cage with them for another $9 each a night & then we'll *really* be saving some cash... )

I'm really gonna miss them good thing we can visit each day.

Good luck with shipping yours!

Anya.
Brilliant news

Thanks all for your replies as you've really put my mind at rest. I know they will be happier together and we'll all be happier thinking of them together in their own holiday hotel!

This was just my latest 'oh no i don't know the answer to this question' so i'll panic!

Thanks again

Susan

Best Wishes to all who atre shipping their pets
Old Jun 15th 2004, 11:17 pm
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Susan, sent u a pm earlier, found the website where I bought cat carriers from, cheapest I found on the net, we had the £29 ones, adequate for cats, IATA approved and free delivery

http://www.petsparade.com/shop.asp?cat=175

atb Paul
Old Jun 15th 2004, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by fogmeister
Hi Susan, sent u a pm earlier, found the website where I bought cat carriers from, cheapest I found on the net, we had the £29 ones, adequate for cats, IATA approved and free delivery

http://www.petsparade.com/shop.asp?cat=175

atb Paul

Thanks again
got pm and hopefully my reply has reached you
happy cat shipping
Susan
Old Jun 16th 2004, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Brilliant news

Thanks all for your replies as you've really put my mind at rest. I know they will be happier together and we'll all be happier thinking of them together in their own holiday hotel!

This was just my latest 'oh no i don't know the answer to this question' so i'll panic!

Thanks again

Susan

Best Wishes to all who atre shipping their pets

Hi Samantha,

Would you be prepared to share your shipping quotes on the forum when you get them back?

Dave
Old Jun 16th 2004, 12:40 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Susan
Yes they can but you have to notify the quarantine station in advance that this is what you want. When filling out the Import permit there is a question where it asks you if you want your pet to share with another pet. You just tick yes and write down the name & microchip number of the other pet. Note only apllies to cat-cat and dog-dog. You cant do a cat-dog share !

Oh by the way, did you know they can also travel together (in the same cage) on the plane ? (saves a bit more money as well as being reassuring for them)
Old Jun 16th 2004, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

Hi
Susan
Did anyone manage to get WBB's take on this before he was banned......?