Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Two Cars at knokdown prices

Two Cars at knokdown prices

Old Apr 26th 2006, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Brucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really nice
Default Two Cars at knokdown prices

Hi All

We are returning to Ireland in a hurry. As a result we haven't got time to sell our 2 cars. The garage we bought them off are offering to buy them back but as you can imagine at a knockdown price. We have to decide by friday so if anybody is interested they can have them at the price the garage is offering which is at least 3 thousand each below what they will charge for them so its a real bargain. We would rather someone got the benefit of them rather than the garage making big money out of us twice. Details of cars are below and both are immaculate in as new condition.

2005 Hyundai Tuscon 2.7 V6 4WD, Teal blue, 11500km, 2.5 thousand worth of extras, Price $24000, that is way below what they are selling for.
2005 Hyundai Elantra 2.0 Metalic Deep Blue, 11800km, all the extras as well, Price $13500.

Both cars are immaculate and have rego until November. Genuinely would rather some new arrival or other got them instead of the garage . These are genuine bargains and will save someone thousands on each car if anyone is interested.
As I said we are doing the deal with the garage on Friday so before then if interested.
I have posted pictures of the tuscon. Sorry we dont have any pictures of the elantra.
Attached Thumbnails Two Cars at knokdown prices-img_0099.jpg   Two Cars at knokdown prices-img_0100.jpg   Two Cars at knokdown prices-img_0101.jpg  
Old Apr 26th 2006, 6:17 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Two Cars at knokdown prices

Not in OZ yet, so not able to buy, however, just wanted to say 'onya' for offering them to other expats at the knock down price first!!!!

Dare I ask why Ireland beckons so urgently?

Originally Posted by Brucey
Hi All

We are returning to Ireland in a hurry. As a result we haven't got time to sell our 2 cars. The garage we bought them off are offering to buy them back but as you can imagine at a knockdown price. We have to decide by friday so if anybody is interested they can have them at the price the garage is offering which is at least 3 thousand each below what they will charge for them so its a real bargain. We would rather someone got the benefit of them rather than the garage making big money out of us twice. Details of cars are below and both are immaculate in as new condition.

2005 Hyundai Tuscon 2.7 V6 4WD, Teal blue, 11500km, 2.5 thousand worth of extras, Price $24000, that is way below what they are selling for.
2005 Hyundai Elantra 2.0 Metalic Deep Blue, 11800km, all the extras as well, Price $13500.

Both cars are immaculate and have rego until November. Genuinely would rather some new arrival or other got them instead of the garage . These are genuine bargains and will save someone thousands on each car if anyone is interested.
As I said we are doing the deal with the garage on Friday so before then if interested.
I have posted pictures of the tuscon. Sorry we dont have any pictures of the elantra.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Brucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really niceBrucey is just really nice

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Not in OZ yet, so not able to buy, however, just wanted to say 'onya' for offering them to other expats at the knock down price first!!!!

Dare I ask why Ireland beckons so urgently?
YES YOU MAY DARE
Its nothing serious, its just we did not expect the house to sell here so quick, it sold on the first day, and with house prices rising in Ireland by about 2% a month where we are planning to move to the urgency becomes apparent. 2% of the average house price in the previously mentioned area works out at about €8 to €10 thousand euro for every month we stay on. Mind you that might sond like rapid growth but our house here increased in value by about 28% in about 6 months, and anyone who tells you that is not the norm is fooling themselves, things have gone crazy in any suburbs worth talking about in Perth.So to all those intending on coming over, get your skates on, its rapidly becoming expensive here.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 6:38 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

YES YOU MAY DARE
Its nothing serious, its just we did not expect the house to sell here so quick, it sold on the first day, and with house prices rising in Ireland by about 2% a month where we are planning to move to the urgency becomes apparent. 2% of the average house price in the previously mentioned area works out at about €8 to €10 thousand euro for every month we stay on. Mind you that might sond like rapid growth but our house here increased in value by about 28% in about 6 months, and anyone who tells you that is not the norm is fooling themselves, things have gone crazy in any suburbs worth talking about in Perth.So to all those intending on coming over, get your skates on, its rapidly becoming expensive here.
OK, you saw this coming......what the heck does Ireland have that Perth don't?
Old Apr 26th 2006, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

OK, you saw this coming......what the heck does Ireland have that Perth don't?
Yea I did
Its not that we dont like it, we can see the positive sides, but it just aint for us. We would like to stay a little longer but Australia is a place that you can get stuck in. House prices can suddenly stop going up for years and all of a sudden you cannot afford to go back. We have come across a lot of people which that has happened to and we were lucky in so far as we were here when they were rising. As we know its not for us in the long run we will take the oppertunity to go home. We have lived abroad before (Germany) and liked it but this place just doesn't grab us. Take away the sunshine and it doesn't have a whole lot to offer. It feels empty, lack of culture. Sometimes it feels like a country full of estate agents and car sales people.
Its also getting very expensive. Before we came over we could have bought two house outright. A year later we arrived and could afford one (not complaining about being mortgage free in our thirties), now another year on and we would have needed a mortgage if we had have waited.
Also for us its probably the most boring place we have ever been. No pub scene (not that thats everything) You seem to need an invitation for kids to play and all the exciting benefits of initially coming wear off after a while. The beautiful house seem no more fantastic than a semi back home after a while as everyone has one,the beach novelty wears off after a while. The heat of the summer is as bad as the long periods of rain back home, ie you just stay indoors alot. Also the flies drive us mad.
Now there are pluses but for us not as many as the minuses. Also be warned, the educational system here for the kids is dreadful and I meadn dreadful, which doesn't matter if your coming for good, but if you decide to go back after 3 or four years your kids will be so far behind its not funny. We have friends whose kids are around 13 to 15 and they have had little or no homework for the past 3 months and come home with muffins and stuff that they seem to spend half the week making. Our litlle man started school this year and cant count anymore, whereas before he knew his abc's and could count.
Now as I said there are great points about the place but for us its soullessand lacking in character.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

jojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to behold

Yea I did
Its not that we dont like it, we can see the positive sides, but it just aint for us. We would like to stay a little longer but Australia is a place that you can get stuck in. House prices can suddenly stop going up for years and all of a sudden you cannot afford to go back. We have come across a lot of people which that has happened to and we were lucky in so far as we were here when they were rising. As we know its not for us in the long run we will take the oppertunity to go home. We have lived abroad before (Germany) and liked it but this place just doesn't grab us. Take away the sunshine and it doesn't have a whole lot to offer. It feels empty, lack of culture. Sometimes it feels like a country full of estate agents and car sales people.
Its also getting very expensive. Before we came over we could have bought two house outright. A year later we arrived and could afford one (not complaining about being mortgage free in our thirties), now another year on and we would have needed a mortgage if we had have waited.
Also for us its probably the most boring place we have ever been. No pub scene (not that thats everything) You seem to need an invitation for kids to play and all the exciting benefits of initially coming wear off after a while. The beautiful house seem no more fantastic than a semi back home after a while as everyone has one,the beach novelty wears off after a while. The heat of the summer is as bad as the long periods of rain back home, ie you just stay indoors alot. Also the flies drive us mad.
Now there are pluses but for us not as many as the minuses. Also be warned, the educational system here for the kids is dreadful and I meadn dreadful, which doesn't matter if your coming for good, but if you decide to go back after 3 or four years your kids will be so far behind its not funny. We have friends whose kids are around 13 to 15 and they have had little or no homework for the past 3 months and come home with muffins and stuff that they seem to spend half the week making. Our litlle man started school this year and cant count anymore, whereas before he knew his abc's and could count.
Now as I said there are great points about the place but for us its soullessand lacking in character.
I'm a bit confused about the problems with the education system. It's not the first time it's been mentioned. Surely if it was truly that bad there wouldn't be any 'professional' ozzies about and yet I've met plenty of australians Doctors/radiographers/midwives etc??! It always gives me some cause for concern being a mother of two young children who will be going to school over there!
Old Apr 26th 2006, 7:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's marvelous that someone would stay up until 2:46am to give us the chance of buying some cheap cars.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jojo90
I'm a bit confused about the problems with the education system. It's not the first time it's been mentioned. Surely if it was truly that bad there wouldn't be any 'professional' ozzies about and yet I've met plenty of australians Doctors/radiographers/midwives etc??! It always gives me some cause for concern being a mother of two young children who will be going to school over there!

I cant answer that. I agree in so far as an Irish or English Nurse, accountant etc is no better than an aussie one, but the educational system here for kids is dreadful. When I arrived I was hoping to finish a degree I was doing back home. They would accept my results for entry midstream but insisted I do an english exam to prove I was competent in English (I wont even repeat what I thought of that, I mean how many Yeats or Oscar Wildes have come out of here). Anyway the exam involved writing two essays on subjects given to you at the examination and was marked at Leaving Cert or "a" LEVEL STANDARD. Now this had me worried because english was never my strong suit and its been 16 years since I was in school and the degree I am persueing is a technical degree so that wasn't much help. Anyway apparently I finished in the top 4 % in WA, and I barely passed English for equivalent of "A" level.
If you come and stay it wont be an issue as the kids only have to compete with whats around them but if you come for several years and then go back its a disaster. This is another way people can get stuck here sometimes, ie they feel they cant remoove their kids midstream.
Anyway thats only one opinion.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

jojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to behold

I cant answer that. I agree in so far as an Irish or English Nurse, accountant etc is no better than an aussie one, but the educational system here for kids is dreadful. When I arrived I was hoping to finish a degree I was doing back home. They would accept my results for entry midstream but insisted I do an english exam to prove I was competent in English (I wont even repeat what I thought of that, I mean how many Yeats or Oscar Wildes have come out of here). Anyway the exam involved writing two essays on subjects given to you at the examination and was marked at Leaving Cert or "a" LEVEL STANDARD. Now this had me worried because english was never my strong suit and its been 16 years since I was in school and the degree I am persueing is a technical degree so that wasn't much help. Anyway apparently I finished in the top 4 % in WA, and I barely passed English for equivalent of "A" level.
If you come and stay it wont be an issue as the kids only have to compete with whats around them but if you come for several years and then go back its a disaster. This is another way people can get stuck here sometimes, ie they feel they cant remoove their kids midstream.
Anyway thats only one opinion.
Problem is you never really know do you. Our intention is to be there for good but who knows how things wil pan out.....thats the concern I guess. Anyway thanks for the info and sorry for hijacking your thread......good luck with the cars!!