Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TVs and Videos in Aus

TVs and Videos in Aus

Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

karlphillips is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool TVs and Videos in Aus

This is probably covered in another thread but as I couldn't find it could someone help with this question:

I have a TV and DVD/HD recorder for use in the UK that can tune into the UK Digital channels. I have received mixed information on whether or not they will work in Oz. (An Australian friend says they will work but I saw one comment from someone that said only the analog tuning will work.)

Can someone clarify the situation for me? Should I dump the TV & recorder and buy new in Oz? or can I take them over and use them, or buy a cheap adaptor for them to work out there?

Thanks for any help.

Karl
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:28 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TVs and Videos in Aus

Originally Posted by karlphillips
This is probably covered in another thread but as I couldn't find it could someone help with this question:

I have a TV and DVD/HD recorder for use in the UK that can tune into the UK Digital channels. I have received mixed information on whether or not they will work in Oz. (An Australian friend says they will work but I saw one comment from someone that said only the analog tuning will work.)

Can someone clarify the situation for me? Should I dump the TV & recorder and buy new in Oz? or can I take them over and use them, or buy a cheap adaptor for them to work out there?

Thanks for any help.

Karl
The TV might work but the digital tuner will not. You can buy an SD digital tuner for about $60 and an HD one for about $125 though, allowing you to use the telly .