TV in WA

Old Jun 3rd 2007, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold
Default TV in WA

Hi all,

We are in Secret Harbour and I am trying to understand what the options are for tv in the area. Foxtel is obvious. How do you get your free view channels if you don't have a dish. Obviously back in the UK we had the digi box and the same aerial but I was told you get them through the phone line (is this some sort of cable?). If that is the case what company provides or what box do you need etc etc.

We are looking to buy a tv soon and I just wanted to understand what the options are for viewing free to air channels. I am still not sure I am going to get foxtel unless someone tells me that the childrens channels are as good as cbeebies.

Thanks

J
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 8:20 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TV in WA

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
Hi all,

We are in Secret Harbour and I am trying to understand what the options are for tv in the area. Foxtel is obvious. How do you get your free view channels if you don't have a dish. Obviously back in the UK we had the digi box and the same aerial but I was told you get them through the phone line (is this some sort of cable?). If that is the case what company provides or what box do you need etc etc.

We are looking to buy a tv soon and I just wanted to understand what the options are for viewing free to air channels. I am still not sure I am going to get foxtel unless someone tells me that the childrens channels are as good as cbeebies.

Thanks

J
Buy a tv, plug the aerial cable into the aerial socket in the wall and tune your TV into the free to air stations.

For a better reception get a digital set top box.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen digital set top boxes in Coles (the supermarket) for about 35-40 dollars. They're supposed to give you some extra free channels I think??
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 8:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Thanks

J
Foxtel kids stuff isn't as good as Ceebeebies

Mind you, my 6 year old niece informs me that NOTHING is as good as ceebeebies and she wouldn't want to live in Australia if they don't have it ....!!

Last edited by Pollyana; Jun 3rd 2007 at 9:03 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 9:19 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Foxtel kids stuff isn't as good as Ceebeebies

Mind you, my 6 year old niece informs me that NOTHING is as good as ceebeebies and she wouldn't want to live in Australia if they don't have it ....!!

Shouldn't this be posted in MBTUK forum
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sme
Shouldn't this be posted in MBTUK forum
What move back to the UK for Cbeebies? I'll pack my bags now and arrange for the ship to turn around with our container!!

We've been here for 2 months and we haven't missed our tv. Still trying to work out why I would spend so much on a 40"+ tv. The only reason is to fill the room and also why you need two tv's (family room and theatre room). The tv makers must love Australias hence why they can bump up the prices a bit.

J
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 11:31 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

What move back to the UK for Cbeebies? I'll pack my bags now and arrange for the ship to turn around with our container!!

We've been here for 2 months and we haven't missed our tv. Still trying to work out why I would spend so much on a 40"+ tv. The only reason is to fill the room and also why you need two tv's (family room and theatre room). The tv makers must love Australias hence why they can bump up the prices a bit.

J
We haven't bothered for the family room either - I can't go round saying theatre room, call it the front room.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 11:41 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

J
I was just answering your comment on ceebeebies, thats all, not suggesting you would move back for it! Thought it was a funny comment from my niece, that might raise a smile
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

I was just answering your comment on ceebeebies, thats all, not suggesting you would move back for it! Thought it was a funny comment from my niece, that might raise a smile
It is funny. I reckon Cbeebies has to be the best childrens channel in the whole world. My daughter is 3 and asks for cbeebies from time to time. How good is Justin and Sarah Jane. I am hoping my mum has sent over a dvd with some programmes for my daughters birthday. It is the only thing I have asked for. I just told her to stick record on all day.

The problem with text is that we can take it the wrong way. I was just having a laugh so wasn't really taking it seriously and don't think it was meant literally.

Don't be sad.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

It is funny. I reckon Cbeebies has to be the best childrens channel in the whole world. My daughter is 3 and asks for cbeebies from time to time. How good is Justin and Sarah Jane. I am hoping my mum has sent over a dvd with some programmes for my daughters birthday. It is the only thing I have asked for. I just told her to stick record on all day.

The problem with text is that we can take it the wrong way. I was just having a laugh so wasn't really taking it seriously and don't think it was meant literally.

Don't be sad.
Do you have e-wire in your house? This connects you to the basic "free" channels. Channel 7, 9, 10, SBS, ABC and ABC2 (which has the wiggles, brum, peppa pig, etc) Perfect for the little one!!

Lynne
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mick69
Do you have e-wire in your house? This connects you to the basic "free" channels. Channel 7, 9, 10, SBS, ABC and ABC2 (which has the wiggles, brum, peppa pig, etc) Perfect for the little one!!

Lynne
Not to sure. What is e-wire. That sounds like what the estate agent was telling me about but I wasn't too sure how it all worked. I was told that Secret Harbour had this.

Any info on it would be appreciate.

Regards

j
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 2:09 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
We haven't bothered for the family room either - I can't go round saying theatre room, call it the front room.
We have 1 TV in the house and that is it. Who needs more than one. I don't even allow the kids to have one in their room.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 2:14 pm
Home and Happy

Don't be sad.
No probs I think its funny to see the things that make their "world" perfect - the little one lives for her ration of Ceebeebies, and has had to see pictures of our house from all angles to see if its up to her high standards to stay in on holiday! Cheeky mare. Older one at 11 is now more worldly wise but is still horrified at the thought of a life without Argos. When I first moved here she declared that she didn't know how I would cope with living in a tent, and was there a separate tent for the toilet! Bless her, someone had told her Australiawas a desert!

As for the TV cable - our house has something a bit like the aerial cable in the UK, that gives the free to air stuff. Took a while to find it though as it was just a hole in the wall, and we had to get the cable to connect to the aerial on the outside of the house. Are you renting? If so, ring the agents and get them round to sort it for you
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 2:45 pm
sme
......in the sand !

It was a joke - in the same vein as someone posting in the MBTUK forum
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Not to sure. What is e-wire. That sounds like what the estate agent was telling me about but I wasn't too sure how it all worked. I was told that Secret Harbour had this.

Any info on it would be appreciate.

Regards

j
To be honest, not 100% sure about it myself. All it is (I think) is basically cable. If your connected to it already you should be able to plug in the aerial cable for the TV to work. You can get broadband with them as well.
No doubt if I'm incorrect someone will explain it better to you than me.

Lynne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.