Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tv thingies, what are they called and where do u get em?

Tv thingies, what are they called and where do u get em?

Old Nov 7th 2005, 2:19 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light
Question Tv thingies, what are they called and where do u get em?

Several times now, we have been in a bar, or restaurant and seen plasma screens simply showing tropical fish or a roaring fire, anybody know what these are called, and where to get them from, I presume they are dvds? They have one in the new Mullaloo beach hotel.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 2:23 pm
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice
Default Re: Tv thingies, what are they called and where do u get em?

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Several times now, we have been in a bar, or restaurant and seen plasma screens simply showing tropical fish or a roaring fire, anybody know what these are called, and where to get them from, I presume they are dvds? They have one in the new Mullaloo beach hotel.

They are just dvd's .. you can buy them on the internet ..

I'll see if i can find the link
Old Nov 7th 2005, 2:49 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

here
Old Nov 7th 2005, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

I work at a TV manufacturer and we use them in our stores, as far as i kn ow you can get them at Amazon. One is called Coral Sea.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 4:42 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Errrr, forgive my ignorance, but why on earth would you actually want one??

OK, if you run a bar or hotel or something, but surely, at home, the TV is either ON or OFF?

Old Nov 7th 2005, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

If you wait up long enough, you will find that one of the tv channels plays one when they run out of shows to broadcast , sbs me thinks...hang about! do you work for sbs?
Old Nov 7th 2005, 11:52 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ

OK, if you run a bar or hotel or something, but surely, at home, the TV is either ON or OFF?

Firstly, what the hells it got to do with you, and secondly, we have lots of barbies and parties, so rarther than having on tv that people cant here, thought it maight be an idea to have the aquarium dvd on, so people have a bit of background when they are chatting/drinking........is that OK with you, or do I need written permission.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 11:53 pm
Karma earned, not whored

Originally Posted by seang
Cheers, those are the guys, thanks for your help.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 7:38 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Firstly, what the hells it got to do with you, and secondly, we have lots of barbies and parties, so rarther than having on tv that people cant here, thought it maight be an idea to have the aquarium dvd on, so people have a bit of background when they are chatting/drinking........is that OK with you, or do I need written permission.
What the hell's it got to do with me...? Errrrrr, you posted it in a 'public' forum!!! Think about it!

Firstly...........I was asking a polite question and even said, i quote, "forgive my ignorance".....

Secondly, I still don't get 'why' you would want one - at our parties, people are having such a good time anyway they couldn't give a damn about fish swimming on the TV (!)

Thirdly, it's people like you with your stinking attitude that we are going to Australia to get away from. I certainly hope our paths never cross - I don't like you already!

Was also wondering if there was going to be a 'thirdly' or 'fourthly' from you?

Last edited by ROBnCAZ; Nov 8th 2005 at 7:42 am.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 7:41 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

soapy pulls up a front seat
Old Nov 8th 2005, 7:43 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
soapy pulls up a front seat
Nicky joins him with a big bell, a bucket of water and a couple of towels
Old Nov 8th 2005, 7:51 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

im going for FINGERS
5th round TKO
Old Nov 8th 2005, 7:53 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ

Read the info on the link I posted....it explains why you cant be without one
Old Nov 8th 2005, 7:56 am
Master of verbal pish©

nah.....ive read the link and would still rather watch this fight
moan the fingers
Old Nov 8th 2005, 8:03 am
Account Closed

Taken from 'the' link:

As many of us continue with our fast paced lives, it becomes increasingly difficult for us to find the time for such traditionally relaxing things as having a fish tank, sitting by the fireplace, or keeping a few birds. In this day and age, who can really be bothered with cleaning fish tanks or bird cages, or chopping wood for the fire?

Now we're not suggesting that everyone rid themselves of their fish, birds or fireplace, but thanks to Real Life DVD's, everyone's able to enjoy these pleasures with "virtually" nothing to do, except of course finding the right remote control button.

With 5 different virtual environments, these "living art" titles are great for creating a unique atmosphere in your home or office.

And for those of you lucky enough to have one of those suave looking plasma or LCD displays, imagine the relaxing ambience these titles will create as they're left playing, day or night, even if you're not in front of the TV.

Wooooahhh, I stand corrected....definitley must rush out and buy one now then. I now realise what it is that my life was missing for complete fulfillment!! I mean, it even says, "everyone's able to enjoy these pleasures with "virtually" nothing to do"........how cool is that? Even me!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.