Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TV Stations and Living Around Brisbane/Gold Coast?

TV Stations and Living Around Brisbane/Gold Coast?

Old Jan 15th 2005, 6:52 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute
Default TV Stations and Living Around Brisbane/Gold Coast?

Which area has the more News TV stations, Brisbane or Gold Coast, anyone any ideas? Also areas to live around there? Any views on Jimboomba, Mount Tamborine, Nerang or places around those parts with good facilities/shops with-in driving distance but semi-rural feel to them? (i.e bit of greenery and few viewable neighbours?) I searched on previous posts and found about a year ago quite a few people were looking to move to these areas - did any one go there and what are they like? Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 11:05 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TV Stations and Living Around Brisbane/Gold Coast?

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
Which area has the more News TV stations, Brisbane or Gold Coast, anyone any ideas? Also areas to live around there? Any views on Jimboomba, Mount Tamborine, Nerang or places around those parts with good facilities/shops with-in driving distance but semi-rural feel to them? (i.e bit of greenery and few viewable neighbours?) I searched on previous posts and found about a year ago quite a few people were looking to move to these areas - did any one go there and what are they like? Thanks in advance.

All tv stations centred around Mt Cootha at Toowong in Brisbane. They transmit the same signal to all areas although the desigation can be different i.e. QTQ 9 in Bris, WIN 9 in Toowoomba (although does produce own local news service, similar for Gold Coast).
Old Jan 16th 2005, 3:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

Very slightly off topic, parts of the Gold Coast (Helensvale, Oxenford etc) are in a recognised reception blackspot. You generally find everyone has majorly big masts here for their TV arials.

Mine was on the fritz, so I bought a deep fringe arial which the shop told me would work practically everywhere. I still needed to run a mast top amp to get even a half decent picture.

One other thing in this area, if you live in Oxenford, you are in a designated Austar area and CANNOT get Foxtel, due to some Federal thing to ensure customer choice.

I am still trying to work that one out, it was my choice to go with Foxtel (as I was already a customer), but was not allowed to reconnect (we are talking satellite here). I had to pay a $200 cancellation fee to get out of my Foxtel contract in order to get pay TV via Austar.

Now we have moved over the highway into Helensvale, I can get either Austar or Foxtel. What is really annoying is i could go with Foxtel by cable, which would also give me piped free-to-air as well (almost a must-have in this area due to the poor terrestrial reception), but this would mean either waiting another year or paying yet another $200 cancellation fee
Old Jan 16th 2005, 9:31 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
All tv stations centred around Mt Cootha at Toowong in Brisbane. They transmit the same signal to all areas although the desigation can be different i.e. QTQ 9 in Bris, WIN 9 in Toowoomba (although does produce own local news service, similar for Gold Coast).

Thanks for your reply
Any ideas in what areas do they produce their own news services? (hubby is an ENG Cameraman and were trying to find a suitable location to start from).