TV and Shaving

Old Dec 26th 2002, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

firing1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question TV and Shaving

Hi ,two minor but important questions as we are moving to New Zealand in January.
What do you get on SKY tv over there i.e. do you get the BBC , ITV etc and please tell me you can get MTV and all the other music channels?

Are electric shaver points the same as the UK (if not what adaptor can I use)?

Any replies appreciated.
Old Dec 26th 2002, 8:14 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: TV and Shaving

Originally posted by firing1
Hi ,two minor but important questions as we are moving to New Zealand in January.
What do you get on SKY tv over there i.e. do you get the BBC , ITV etc and please tell me you can get MTV and all the other music channels?

Are electric shaver points the same as the UK (if not what adaptor can I use)?

Any replies appreciated.
Hi there

NZ sky is not as good as UK sky!
You don't get BBC, ITV or even MTV! We were really suprised about MTV I honestly thought it was a worldwide thing!
Basic package gives you the terrestrial chanels + Sky 1 (not the same as UK), Nat.Geo, Discovery, 3 news(BBC World,Sky,CNN,CNBC), Animal Pl, Cart.Net, Nick, Living,E!,Hallmark, 2 music(Juice+Juice2) 2 sport(trackside+ESPN) weather chan and radio channels for $39.90 month.
Add sky sport & sky sport 2 to basic for $52.90 total month. Add sky movie max, sky movies, MGM & TCM to basic for $58.53 month total. Have the lot basic+sport+movies for $69.53 month.
As for shaver points they are standard NZ plug so I don't know what adaptor you would use maybe back to wet shaves!
Sky install cost us $100 but I think that was a special offer but as in the UK they have offers quite a lot I think.

hope this info is helpful, i know what its like trying to get an idea about what to expect!

Paula
Old Dec 27th 2002, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: TV and Shaving

MTV has recently become available in Perth, so hopefully it won't be too far off in NZ. As for the shaver, voltage is the same, so you should be able to pick up an adaptor at the airport or one when you get there from one of the electronics shops.
Old Dec 27th 2002, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant future

One can of course watch BBC and ITN News over the web. Refer to third party website http://www.wwitv.com for list of news channels etc.

http://www.skytv.co.nz/ appears to be the NZ Sky website.

Don't know about NZ but in OZ Sky TV News seemed to be a 50/50 mix of Uk and Australian sourced news output. They even had UK weather forecasts from time to time.
Old Dec 27th 2002, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

firing1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all, just checked out the sky tv site. My wife's not too impressed with no eastenders etc but I'm sure we'll get used to it. Anyway too much nice scenery in NZ to spend time watching TV.
Old Dec 28th 2002, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

lizzie is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't know about Eastenders, but definitely get Coronation Street!

Lizzie