Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

on TV now/Tonight 21:15 15th Dec

on TV now/Tonight 21:15 15th Dec

Old Dec 15th 2004, 8:14 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default on TV now/Tonight 21:15 15th Dec

Guys, in interest of feeding TV aus Addiction

- Place down under is on Discovery Home + Leisure (or at 10 on the plusone hour same channel ) re-runs, but still cool to watch.

- And on LivingTV a good reality programme ( I know its an axiom ) about aussies building restaurants - good for those wanting to start own business.?
Old Dec 15th 2004, 9:38 pm
ad4ozz

Default Re: on TV now/Tonight 21:15 15th Dec

Cheers matey watched the place down under thing with the winging midwife....hope all the brits going to oz aren't like her or i'll come home...

Old Dec 16th 2004, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

TheAncientGeek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
Cheers matey watched the place down under thing with the winging midwife....hope all the brits going to oz aren't like her or i'll come home...
If it follows the same pattern as last week, it will be repeated later this week, Friday I think it was.

I found a thread on here from last year, talking about the same programme. Someone jumped in defending the Skeggs woman, saying the editting showed her in a bad light. I'm sorry but unless it was over-dubbed, I quite clearly heard her moaning that the Aussies have no standards or class. She pointed out a picture of a bloke taking a leak, on the petrol flap of a car, saying how it was typical. I think it's more a case of her lacking a sense of humour to be honest.

When she was on the "FamCam" saying she misses M&S and moaning that you can't buy decent knickers in Oz... made me laugh as I thought of some of the moaning I've seen online.

The other Perth-based family, that emigrated after the wife/mother died, look to be a far better role model. They have truly embraced their new life and are making the most of it all.

I like the attitude of the mother and 2 kids in Brisbane as well - the family from Bath upset me, bitching about Weston-super-Mare's beach
Old Dec 16th 2004, 9:04 am
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheAncientGeek
I like the attitude of the mother and 2 kids in Brisbane as well - the family from Bath upset me, bitching about Weston-super-Mare's beach
The family from Bath upset me as well.. what a dreadfull daughter

The family from Blackpool are great, they did a follow up, of what happened after a year, and the Blackpool family still there, still loving it..
Old Dec 16th 2004, 9:12 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I know, did that Skeggs woman EVER stop moaning?

And as for the bad editing, even the husband admitted he liked to be at work to get away from it!!!!!