tv or no tv?

Old May 30th 2007, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

jayne3411 is on a distinguished road
Default tv or no tv?

We are currently in the long process of applying for the visa, but hope to put house on market soon. We have been told that it is pointless taking the TV, washing machine and tumble because they are not powerful enough for oz!! Has anyone got any knowledge on this, cos i've seen a lovely flat screen 47 in that i'd love

Thanks jane
Old May 30th 2007, 10:09 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tv or no tv?

Originally Posted by jayne3411
We are currently in the long process of applying for the visa, but hope to put house on market soon. We have been told that it is pointless taking the TV, washing machine and tumble because they are not powerful enough for oz!! Has anyone got any knowledge on this, cos i've seen a lovely flat screen 47 in that i'd love

Thanks jane
Me again...

We brought all of those and they work fine... We have the TV plugged into the Foxtel (Sky) box which sorts the sound issue out... I believe newer TV's may have the ability to change their regional settings to get around the sound thing anyway...

Your computers and ADSL Modems/routers will work fine too... Bring a few extension leads so you only have to change those plugs and not bloody everything...

Where are you heading to...?
Old May 30th 2007, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Thanks jane
Hi
Well we brought our front loader and it works very well and again we brought our T.V. and that works perfect
if your T.V. is relatively new it should work no probs but if it is slightly older you may have problems with the audio the easy way around this is to buy a set top box and connect your T.V. through that and hey presto audio re-appears
i brought across a great 32" hd built in tuner T.V. but while waiting for our shipment saw a great 42" plasma with digi tuner for £600 so i just bought that
Tv's are cheaper over here

Billy
Old May 30th 2007, 10:48 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks jane
I was told the same rubbish and believed it - now have a crappy washing machine that doesn't work half as well as my European front loader.

Bring the lot!
Old May 31st 2007, 3:10 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks jane
WMs are still more expensive over here than in the UK. Front loaders are a recent invention here and I think you might just get one for $800 now, they used to start at about $1200.

You NEED a drier in Aus, it isn't always sunny; the sum bleaches colour quickly and sometimes it even rains. Decent drier here would be about $400.

BRING EVERYTHING YOU OWN!
Old May 31st 2007, 3:15 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jayr
WMs are still more expensive over here than in the UK. Front loaders are a recent invention here and I think you might just get one for $800 now, they used to start at about $1200.

You NEED a drier in Aus, it isn't always sunny; the sum bleaches colour quickly and sometimes it even rains. Decent drier here would be about $400.

BRING EVERYTHING YOU OWN!
Our front loader worked-out considerably cheaper than $800 after the water-saving rebate (only available on certain models and only here, obviously) ... more like $600.

I'd debate the need for a drier too, if I could be arsed The three of us seem to get by, occasionally we use the garage as 'overflow' space but it's all good.

SELL EVERYTHING YOU OWN!
Old May 31st 2007, 3:20 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Our front loader worked-out considerably cheaper than $800 after the water-saving rebate (only available on certain models and only here, obviously) ... more like $600.

I'd debate the need for a drier too, if I could be arsed The three of us seem to get by, occasionally we use the garage as 'overflow' space but it's all good.

SELL EVERYTHING YOU OWN!
I got a 1600 RPM cycle FL WM for about $900 (huge discount on floor stock model). It didn't attract the $200 rebate but only uses 36L per cycle.

I think machines for $800 (or $600 after rebate) probably have much slower spin.
Old May 31st 2007, 3:23 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jayr
I got a 1600 RPM cycle FL WM for about $900 (huge discount on floor stock model). It didn't attract the $200 rebate but only uses 36L per cycle.

I think machines for $800 (or $600 after rebate) probably have much slower spin.
Righty Dokey, I'll bow to that, you've got to have a high spin if you've got a tumble drier too.
Old May 31st 2007, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Oh what to do????

All above is good advice it really is a personal choice thing but do not bring your Fridge/Freezer Buy one here

SELL HALF AND BRING THE OTHER HALF lol

Billy
Old May 31st 2007, 3:29 am
Karma Comedian

Originally Posted by billy0911
Oh what to do????

All above is good advice it really is a personal choice thing but do not bring your Fridge/Freezer Buy one here

SELL HALF AND BRING THE OTHER HALF lol

Billy
I'd bring the FF, stick it in the garage as the drinks fridge.

Any UK FF is bound to be tiny by Oz standards so not really suitable for main kitchen use.

RENT EVERYTHING OUT
Old May 31st 2007, 3:39 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bring your washing machine the washing machines here are not that good although we did manage to find a hotpoint in the DEC store over here.

also take your vaccum with you they are crap over here wish we had took ours!!

kezx
Old May 31st 2007, 4:34 am
Extended Member

Big Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond repute

You could take the TV and it may work - but what you actually get is crap!

Despite all the talk of drought, it does rain in most places - a lot.

You'll find it difficult at first, there isn't the same pub/social culture - people tend to entertain at home, which makes it a problem if you don't know many people.

DON"T BOTHER - STAY WHERE YOU ARE.
Old May 31st 2007, 5:27 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Don't do any washing or watch TV and "you'l be right"

INSTEAD MOVE TO CANADA!
Old May 31st 2007, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Big Galah
You could take the TV and it may work - but what you actually get is crap!

Despite all the talk of drought, it does rain in most places - a lot.

You'll find it difficult at first, there isn't the same pub/social culture - people tend to entertain at home, which makes it a problem if you don't know many people.

DON"T BOTHER - STAY WHERE YOU ARE.
Hi
MMM big Gala has a point if i could go back in time to last year i would not emigrate however we are here and trying very hard to be positive and hopefully things will fall into place but i really miss home,family,friends

Billy & Vicki
Old May 31st 2007, 6:07 am
Karma Comedian

Originally Posted by billy0911
Hi
MMM big Gala has a point if i could go back in time to last year i would not emigrate however we are here and trying very hard to be positive and hopefully things will fall into place but i really miss home,family,friends

Billy & Vicki
It will take at least 18 months to start to get it and three years to feel there's no way you would go back. Just hang in there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.