Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TV licence refund?

TV licence refund?

Old Sep 12th 2003, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

ayanem is an unknown quantity at this point
Question TV licence refund?

Does anyone know if/how I can get a refund on my tv licence?

Alan
Old Sep 12th 2003, 3:14 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Do you pay by direct debit?
Old Sep 12th 2003, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by scutterUK
Do you pay by direct debit?
No, I visit the post office once a year.
Old Sep 12th 2003, 3:40 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by ayanem
No, I visit the post office once a year.

There should be a number to ring on the back of the license. They send out a form for you to fill in with proof of not needing it anymore.

Jo
Old Sep 12th 2003, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by joh117
There should be a number to ring on the back of the license. They send out a form for you to fill in with proof of not needing it anymore.

Jo
Thanks, Jo.

Didn't think to look on the back (doh).

Alan
Old Sep 12th 2003, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

nell m is an unknown quantity at this point

They won't refund if there's less than a quarter left on it though!
Old Sep 12th 2003, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

There's a form that you can pick up at the Post Office and mail off with your licence. I have done so both times we have left the UK and gotten my money back on each occasion/
Old Sep 12th 2003, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Do i still pay for a tv licence if i am away for 12 months on a working holiday visa?
Old Sep 12th 2003, 4:17 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold

Why would you pay for a licence if you aren't here to watch the TV? You can own a colour set and not watch it, thus you don't need a licence.......sod em, don;t give em cash if they aren't due it, it's bad enough we have to pay for tv licence as it is...

I got a part refund, and I paid by Direct Debit...less than a quarter's worth for sure, so you should be able to get a refund no matter what.