TV Gossip

Old Aug 17th 2010, 1:04 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TV Gossip

Are there any decent TV gossip sites that tell you when US stuff will be shown in Aus? For example, any ideas when Big Bang Theory season 4 will start here?
Old Aug 17th 2010, 1:20 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TV Gossip

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Are there any decent TV gossip sites that tell you when US stuff will be shown in Aus? For example, any ideas when Big Bang Theory season 4 will start here?
I have given up wondering when US stuff will air here. I just download it and watch when I want. www.eztv.it has all the US stuff you could possibly want.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 1:46 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Deb watched "How to Have Sex After Marriage" last week & after it finished informed me that one of my UK mates & his new wife were featured on it. I may have to download that one.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 10:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by northernbird
I have given up wondering when US stuff will air here. I just download it and watch when I want. www.eztv.it has all the US stuff you could possibly want.
Thanks for that. I used to do the torrent thing but now prefer to use catch up TV. It would be nice for some of the channels to give us an idea of when stuff may air. The last series of Big Bang Theory was being shown a few weeks after the US one. If they are going to do the same with this one then you'd think that they might be warming us up for it.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 10:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by cresta57
Deb watched "How to Have Sex After Marriage" last week & after it finished informed me that one of my UK mates & his new wife were featured on it. I may have to download that one.

Old Aug 17th 2010, 10:56 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that. I used to do the torrent thing but now prefer to use catch up TV. It would be nice for some of the channels to give us an idea of when stuff may air. The last series of Big Bang Theory was being shown a few weeks after the US one. If they are going to do the same with this one then you'd think that they might be warming us up for it.
Most new seasons of things like Greys Anatomy and Desperate Housewives start airing February when the kids go back to school. Don't know about the comedy shows because I don't have a sense of humour.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 12:22 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by northernbird
Most new seasons of things like Greys Anatomy and Desperate Housewives start airing February when the kids go back to school. Don't know about the comedy shows because I don't have a sense of humour.

As I rate the current comedy output of the US higher than the UK's, most Brits think the same of me
Old Aug 18th 2010, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

In Australia, without torrents a person is living in a TV wasteland.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 12:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
In Australia, without torrents a person is living in a TV wasteland.
For a while it was like that.

Doesn't seem so bad now that some of the channels have got their catch-up services off the ground.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

For a while it was like that.

Doesn't seem so bad now that some of the channels have got their catch-up services off the ground.
Anything on the commercial channels is not worth watching. Foxtel's nearly as bad. The only thing I seem to watch on TV nowadays is Sky News or BBC News. Everything else I download which is usually Top Gear.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 1:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
Anything on the commercial channels is not worth watching. Foxtel's nearly as bad. The only thing I seem to watch on TV nowadays is Sky News or BBC News. Everything else I download which is usually Top Gear.
I don't watch much off the commercial channels. It's mostly stuff from ABC iview which has a lot of BBC stuff. iview is also unmetered by my ISP.

In a bizarre twist fixplay (Channel 9) seem to have done a deal with BBC worldwide and has a lot of British stuff on it (with some overlap with the stuff you get on iview). Can't bring myself to watch Trinny and Susanna though

I know that in some cases the stuff is not the up to the minute latest release stuff but that doesn't bother me. I just like being able to watch stuff at my leisure and without adverts (or fewer adverts in the case of fixplay) or without having to plan in advance.

Fixplay could do with improving their delivery method. Silverlight is a bit pony. Plus7 have a good delivery but not much to choose from. I'm only watching 1 offering from them at the mo.

Last edited by MartinLuther; Aug 18th 2010 at 1:58 am.