Wikiposts

TV alert ITV

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: TV alert ITV

Kez81
Someone said earlier it will be repeatd on ITV2 sometime on thursday so you can catch it then, I was out so I missed it. OH reported that the husband was a lazy moaning whinger. So I am looking forward to getting annoyed on thursday when I watch.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

True Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to beholdTrue Blue Toffee is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MarkMC
They said at the very end with the credits that after three months of being back in OZ the wife gave in and said they would return to the UK. (to stop him moaning)
What do you reckon the odds of that happening are??
Old Jul 4th 2007, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Originally Posted by True Blue Toffee
What do you reckon the odds of that happening are??
I hope for her sake that she ends up doing the right thing. I think the guy seemed hard to please - she had a decent life for herself and the kids and i think it was a harsh reality check seeing what they would have in the UK. I dont think that he seemed that keen to get back into work here, he did actually look gutten when he said that BT werent taking on engineers. A person in the thread earlier had him to their house and said he was miserable. It is hard, I dont think you can anticipate how hard it is until you are in their shoes, but after 4 years, surely something should have worked out for them.

I agree with previous comments that the presenter of this show is very biased to the UK. What is the point in persuading them to come back with inaccurate figures and them having a huge mortage!! I think the lady said that there were two options split or make a big decision, so obviously they arent 100% happy - so getting into debt up to the eye balls is hardly going to make life easier is it!!! Like she said - you can hardly come back to UK for Asda!!!
regarding pricing for groceries
When we were in Oz things are about the same price as here, some things were cheaper and some were more, depending on where you shop. I used to shop at Woolworths and found the meat to be very reasonable, especiallyt he lamb steaks that were lovely and lean - steak was also reasonable. Prawns were very good value too, the large ones with the shell on were amazing. On a whole I spent the same roughly as I do here, but we ate more meat. Silly things like fresh sauces for pasta were slightly more expensive. Wine was so cheap - boxes of lovely Rose were around $10-12 and sure hubby didnt think beer was too pricey. Around £40 for a slab of beers. You can shop in Bi Lo and Coles, I just preferred Woolworths, similar to Sainsburys. Aldi is there too, it wasnt built when I left, but my friend over there said its really poplular. When she was gob smacked that you could get a t shirt for £2 - didnt the women ever go to Target and K Mart!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 4th 2007, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Compare this with the POV thread!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...&highlight=pov
Old Jul 4th 2007, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

How right you are they have worked realy hard and it has paid off with hubby getting his dreamjob in policeforce. What a breath of fresh air they are, giving a balanced view of their lives and how they have changed. Shame the TV programme hadn't picked them!
Old Jul 4th 2007, 12:40 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by penky
It was so dumb, on principal he wouldnt pay the $500 to get his certificate so he could get paid more, what an idiot!
That was quite unbelivable really. So therefore he couldn't get a good job that would use his skills and help his family financially. Just didn't make sense.
And what a winger!!
Old Jul 4th 2007, 12:47 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by maisey
Kez81
Someone said earlier it will be repeatd on ITV2 sometime on thursday so you can catch it then, I was out so I missed it. OH reported that the husband was a lazy moaning whinger. So I am looking forward to getting annoyed on thursday when I watch.
Im in oz so wont be able too see it would have liked too

kezx
Old Jul 4th 2007, 12:53 am
Moonbeast

ktyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dolly
Thanks for that, would have missed it otherwise

Also I heard advertised on Sky "Great Australian Train Journeys" (I think thats the name) looked more interesting than it sounds, might be worth a look. I'm not sure which channel its on, but it starts on Wednesday evening.

Dolly
I had a Great Australian Train Journey accross the Nullabour Plains. I was sat in a hard seat for three days in a stinking carriage looking out at the nothingness that didn't seem to be moving. It was great. A great Australian train journey that I will never forget how great it was.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorry Kez1 didn't look at location. You haven't missed much just a major whinger!!
Old Jul 4th 2007, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all
Smile Re: TV alert ITV

Originally Posted by kez81
Never seen it living in oz, what does he do??

My hubby is a plumber he had to do various courses and pay out alot more than $500 to get his licence, i think this is clever editing ask any tradie who has came here its alot of hassle obtaining the licence not simply $500 then its yours.

They maybe only showed the bits they wanted too not the truth!!

kezx
In this case its not clever editing. As long as you have the necessary proof and required level of telecom experience (which he would have had) all that required is a 1 week course for an Open registration and you can work. The course costs closer to 800 - 1000 dollars now but 4 years ago that was probably correct.

Bruce
Old Jul 4th 2007, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bruce67
In this case its not clever editing. As long as you have the necessary proof and required level of telecom experience (which he would have had) all that required is a 1 week course for an Open registration and you can work. The course costs closer to 800 - 1000 dollars now but 4 years ago that was probably correct.

Bruce
Hi Bruce 67,
great to see from your signature that you now have your visa. I see that you have applied as a linesperson. I am applying under general telecomms going to SA (Adelaide) on a state sponsered 136 (tr). Do you have any tips, hints or suggestions for this skill/trade? I am tonight trying to write my TRA application so If you used a template please let me know.
Where and when are you off to?
Johnnyyt
Old Jul 4th 2007, 9:26 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the murrays
did you see his lawn, it was like hay, if he tried watering it , instead of being a lazy ............, He wouldnt have to complain about it, they say melbourne is more of a european climate, and I dont think they have hose pipe bands
We lived in Melbourne and hardly saw a drop of rain for 12 months - they are in severe drought, heavy water restrictions and yes they do have bans on using hosepipes. Most of the grass in Victoria is like that, or at least it was when we left in February.

Personally I feel that the programme was good in that it was a change from the usual fun in the sun type shows that usually get shown on TV, which lead people to believe that emigrating is like some kind of permanent holiday and that Oz is some kind of paradise that everyone will fall madly in love with.

If nothing else, it showed people that relationships can suffer, that things don't always work out as planned and that some people just don't like living in Australia.

If it encourages people to discuss the possibilities of such problems before they go, then at least it will have done some good.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
I REALLY hope that the poor family on the programme aren't members of this site
Yes I'm sure they'd be feeling very valued as people, as they have been tried and convicted by the lynch mob

I mean watch someone on TV for less than a hour and you know everything about them don't you

Last edited by Australia_bound?; Jul 4th 2007 at 10:38 am.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 11:43 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bruce67

Bruce
I ever realised they had been there 4 years the guy should have got his finger out!! I thought they had just arrived been there maybe a few mths

My hubby did his registration when we arrived in 2005 basically straight away it was a bit of a hassle but he needed to start work to get a licence to work for himself was more hassle but he did it in the end, he now set up on his own i things are getting better we struggled big time in the start this guy on the program could have had a nice little business going in 4 years but i suppose some people dont have the get up and go!!

kezx
Old Jul 4th 2007, 7:38 pm
_

Kalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Yes I'm sure they'd be feeling very valued as people, as they have been tried and convicted by the lynch mob

I mean watch someone on TV for less than a hour and you know everything about them don't you
Erm ... hardly a lynch mob. If you put yourself in the spotlight (and get a free holiday and $$$ for it) then it's quite irrational to expect people not to air their opinions about what they've seen.

And judicious editing or not - this bloke showed enough traits of being a serial whinger who complains about everything and does nothing about it. His wife even stated a few times that he's ALWAYS complaining, whether he's in the UK or Australia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.