Wikiposts

TV alert ITV

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 6:57 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TV alert ITV

Originally Posted by petesdragon
does catherine gee get a bonus if they decide to move back to the uk, as all through she has been banging on about the uk and not a lot about the life they could have in Oz if the husband would pay the $500 to get a telecom trade certificate for Oz and earn a decent wage for his family,
We said exactly that. I can't believe that anyone would see their arse about having to pay $500 to have qualifications validated so he could properly support his family.

Sounded very suspicious imo

I'm always wary about the editing on these type of programmes, but even his wife said he'd moan about anything, so perhaps he really was a whinging pom
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 7:06 pm
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammyg
i think the only thing we were missing was the bullcrap that was edited and the lies told throughout. As someone mentioned before, these TV programmes will make people look like fools for entertainment
they don't care about the stress caused for the family. The family are possibly nothing like that at all. I did detect a little humour mixed in with the moaning from the man, earlier on, so maybe he was exaggerating and laughing too!!

and why?, if the the women loved aus that much was there no mention of the weather, beaches etc - edited!!!

The fact is, it's TV and that family may be going through an even worse time having seen themselves edited and twisted to look like that

Sam
Originally Posted by Dreamy
We said exactly that. I can't believe that anyone would see their arse about having to pay $500 to have qualifications validated so he could properly support his family.

Sounded very suspicious imo

I'm always wary about the editing on these type of programmes, but even his wife said he'd moan about anything, so perhaps he really was a whinging pom
Also everyone is stating that there wasnt much about Oz but the whole point of the programme was to show them what they would have if they moved back to the UK. Its only the same as the programmes about moving to Oz the family is shown briefly at the begining in their lives in the UK and then the rest of the programme is spend trying to show them what they would have in Oz.
Same story - different side of the coin.
(hard hat at the ready)
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

goingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to all

What i could't understand was that he said to his wife, " you just decided one day to up sticks and go half way round the world because you felt like it".
Did he not have a say in the matter originally?, we all know how long it takes to get there, and at some point he must have expressed his opinion on their impending move, so why did he blame her for them moving?

The presenter is very biased, she was in last weeks shows well, but ultimately it is their decision.

It certainly opened up a conversation in our house last night about what we will do if one of us decide we don't like it. (basically OH will do whatever i want!!!!, not sure about the kids though...)
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Techno Freak
I didnt get the figures at all. The presenter said that their Oz house was worth £160,000 and once sold would leave them with £30,000 - so their mortgage would have been £130,000 BUT then the presenter went on to say that the mortgage in the UK would be the same as Oz, but the chepaest house they looked at was £215,000 - making a mortgage of £185,000. Did I miss something?
exactly what i thought!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 7:50 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by feefeefairy
Im going against the grain here.. yes he whinged, and yes a bit silly not just paying the money to transfer his qualification...but
i thought she was equally as stubborn and didnt really show alot to back up why she prefered oz apart from the fact that she was only willing to work 3 days a week? ( admittedly the program didnt show what their life was like in aus, apart from the fact that they have a house with a pool)
To me a partnership is about compromise, and i think he was more unhappy in aus than she would be in the uk? ( unless, god forbid she HAD to work 4 WHOLE days a week!)
Shame the didnt really show any of melbourne or their life there.
Am going to hide behind the sofa now in anticipation of being shouted at
Fee xx
Trouble is she had been given a taste of how life could be-5 bedroom house, pool, part-time work in a job she loved etc-I would have to be dragged kicking and screaming back to uk house quarter of size with larger mortgage and longer working hours too!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JoolsB
Trouble is she had been given a taste of how life could be-5 bedroom house, pool, part-time work in a job she loved etc-I would have to be dragged kicking and screaming back to uk house quarter of size with larger mortgage and longer working hours too!
I agree what a whinger!! OH and myself were shouting at TV with disbelief, and what were the latex gloves about whilst he was cooking the BBQ. He came across as a lazy good for nothing and I think she should kick him up the butt. Glad she chose Oz but shame she agreed 3 months later to coming back if he gets a good paid job. NO chance of that though with him, seems like he dont like hard work. Also his been out of telecoms now for over 4 years so will find it hard to get back into a job. Should have paid the $500 to get acredited in Oz and then maybe he would have a bit of self-esteme working and earning a decent wage full time. Felt sorry for the little girl though when she said she just wants them to be happy! Poor cow, hope they sort it out soon.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:58 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Never seen it living in oz, what does he do??

My hubby is a plumber he had to do various courses and pay out alot more than $500 to get his licence, i think this is clever editing ask any tradie who has came here its alot of hassle obtaining the licence not simply $500 then its yours.

They maybe only showed the bits they wanted too not the truth!!

kezx
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
Ditto!! What a dick! We were shouting at the TV i wanted to smack him!! Dizzy B*****D Oh i'm too good for Australia, and before peeps start killing me for being harsh................... hello..................... on a beech............... 'there's sand everywhere'.................... Clever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Move back to uK and leave your wife, she deserves it.... s-j xx
Ditto!!!!!!

I cannot believe he was content to receive £100 a week - sitting moaning and watching UK Soaps - surely if it wasnt too hot for his fair haired wife and kids it wasnt unbearable for him. Anyone who would not spend around £200 to pass a licence wants their head testing. It said he was enraged to find out his licences were valid in Oz, didnt the plonker realise that he was at the other side of the world - Hello!!!!!!

I think he was generally just a lazy moaner and content to sit and grumble about his lot - be it here in UK or in Oz. When they were in Asda and he gave the two fingers to Oz, in front of his daughter and said nobody makes a wally out of me - they don't have to - he did a perfectly good job himself!!!!!

I dont think they appeared to have a very happy marriage - she said he moans all the time about anything so it would be impossible to please him.

Also thought it was interesting that most of the family wanted them to stay in Oz - probably didnt want the whinging so and so back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She should stay on her own if thats what makes her happy - I am sure that once he got back here he would soon be miserable again.

I understand her wanting to work part time with a baby - she was probably just having to proove a point - why should she work full time when he isnt prepared to pull his weight.

Overall very unhapy story - but would be same for them in UK
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I REALLY hope that the poor family on the programme aren't members of this site
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:58 pm
Living the dream

kars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant future

We live on the Morington Peninsula and this bloke came round to fix our dishwasher. He was quiet, sullen and miserable saying he was bored of the 'aussie thing' and couldn't wait to get back to the UK. After 10 mins trying to make conversation with him I realised it was a waste of time. Although we haven't seen the TV programme I can understand some of your comments. Shame he didn't paint a good picture of life in Aus.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kez81
Never seen it living in oz, what does he do??

My hubby is a plumber he had to do various courses and pay out alot more than $500 to get his licence, i think this is clever editing ask any tradie who has came here its alot of hassle obtaining the licence not simply $500 then its yours.

They maybe only showed the bits they wanted too not the truth!!

kezx
I am sure it was clever editing but I cant believe the guy could not get off his back side to do the nescesary to get his licence even if it cost double the $5oo stated, he has had 4 years! surely it would have been worth it, so he could make a valuable contribution to his family.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 11:16 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by black cat
I am sure it was clever editing but I cant believe the guy could not get off his back side to do the nescesary to get his licence even if it cost double the $5oo stated, he has had 4 years! surely it would have been worth it, so he could make a valuable contribution to his family.
How long?? was they there for 4 years oh i thought it was a few mths he is a lazy git you are all right please can someone tell me the whole story??

kezx
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by black cat
And top cap it all, he then said he might retrain to do something else. Er, isn't that going to cost a bit more than $500. Cutting off his nose to spite his face springs to mind.

Re the mortgage thing, yep Katherine Gee definitely said it would be CHEAPER in the UK. Now, I know rates are currently a bit less in the UK, but not that much!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 11:48 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

They said at the very end with the credits that after three months of being back in OZ the wife gave in and said they would return to the UK. (to stop him moaning)
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MarkMC
They said at the very end with the credits that after three months of being back in OZ the wife gave in and said they would return to the UK. (to stop him moaning)
I think the only thing to stop him moaning would be to have his jaw wired shut!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.