Wikiposts

TV alert ITV

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

feefeefairy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: TV alert ITV

...out of the mouths of babes.........
She said ' i just want to be in a place where ur both happy' or words to that effect.
Maybe they should take a step back and listen to her
Fee xx
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by fiona021
I think they were both a bit mixed up and unfortunately got the cameras involved. It was the wee girl I felt for. Stuck in the middle and being the mediator.
Know wonder we are called whinging poms, if he is any think to go by.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Yes he was incredibly moany...but he was visably more moved by seeing family and friends again..... i think they have a different agenda, heart versus head...... i'd hate to judge either of them coz they both just want to be happy..i hope they are still together and happy wherever they are
Fee xx
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

chippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by eddie007
sorry.... i just didn't get their figures.... what kind of job pays enough for a £1100 per month + mortgage as well as house insurance, redundancy insurance, poll tax, gas, leccy, food, etc etc etc....

we have £350 per month mortgage and still both of us have to work full time ... The idea of a whole salary going out on just mortgage scares the crap out of me...
they would both after work 60hrs per week just to run a house!!! lol
we had a £200,000 morgage last year and we was paying £980.00 per month.thats not including bills,cars ect. our lifes was nill.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

fiona021 will become famous soon enoughfiona021 will become famous soon enough

It was just a strange set up and you felt voyeuristic watching them. It highlighted more problems in their relationship than where they wanted to live. Thank God I'm perfect!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:00 am
_

Kalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond repute

Any bloke who wears surgical rubber gloves to do a barbie plainly isn't cut out for life in Australia
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

fiona021 will become famous soon enoughfiona021 will become famous soon enough

But then again you never know the whole truth. All the best to them.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

LMAO yes even i had to wonder what that was about
Fee xx
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammyg
this is really sad but you can do what we were doing the other night. We were scrolling through the coles and woolworths websites pricing up food

I know...we need to get a life
Thats what we were doing also.Must have been a bad night for tv!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:06 am
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kalenge
Any bloke who wears surgical rubber gloves to do a barbie plainly isn't cut out for life in Australia
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

I've got to agree with the posts that he was a terminal winger, nothing after a couple of weeks would be good enough, or so the wife kept saying.
Only one poster has picked up on that the wife thought it wasn't good enough for the woman to be the main bread winner; men AND woman do this role all the time everywhere, you can't have equality and then moan if you don't like it.

Yes he should have paid to get himself licenced/ acredited; or even find a company to take him on and train him ( much harder to do though ). I work in telecomms and investigating wether there would be suitable sustainable emplyment was first on my list of things to find out, just the same as everyone else who needs to work in Aus.
The UK telecomms is booming and busting, but easy to find well paid permanant jobs can be hard to secure unless you have exceptional skills.

It would have been nice to see more of the life they had in Melbourne, and I agree that the tv program may have not shown them in their true light, but at least they got paid flights to the UK to see family for christmas. I thought there was too much emphasis on the greatness of the UK compared to AUS by the program makers, not a balenced objective view of both of opportunities in both countries. Couldn't they have suggested a change of area in AUS as they did in the UK?

I hope they both work out what they want, and where they want/need to be, and they find the happiness they are looking for.

Johnnyyt
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petesdragon
does catherine gee get a bonus if they decide to move back to the uk, as all through she has been banging on about the uk and not a lot about the life they could have in Oz if the husband would pay the $500 to get a telecom trade certificate for Oz and earn a decent wage for his family,

Ditto!! What a dick! We were shouting at the TV i wanted to smack him!! Dizzy B*****D Oh i'm too good for Australia, and before peeps start killing me for being harsh................... hello..................... on a beech............... 'there's sand everywhere'.................... Clever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Move back to uK and leave your wife, she deserves it.... s-j xx
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Techno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by feefeefairy
Didnt they say though that the mortgage would be the same as they were paying in aus?
I guess it all comes down to why u want to move to aus..... bigger house with a pool... that would do me but would it be worth missing my family and friends for?
I want to move from the uk for a less stressful life, to see people smile once in a while, to say hi to somene in the street and to not have them look at me like im on day release from the local sanatactury! ( im not....honestly )
I feel for them i think in giving her the final decision he showed that her happiness was more impotant than his.... maybe im just a romantic
Fee xx
I didnt get the figures at all. The presenter said that their Oz house was worth £160,000 and once sold would leave them with £30,000 - so their mortgage would have been £130,000 BUT then the presenter went on to say that the mortgage in the UK would be the same as Oz, but the chepaest house they looked at was £215,000 - making a mortgage of £185,000. Did I miss something?
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

No- you didnt miss anything.

She was a plank, and should have gone off with the bloke.

The wife was great, she was uncomplicated and knew what wanted, until he moaned. I have never seen anything like that before.

And i thought i could whinge
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Techno Freak
I didnt get the figures at all. The presenter said that their Oz house was worth £160,000 and once sold would leave them with £30,000 - so their mortgage would have been £130,000 BUT then the presenter went on to say that the mortgage in the UK would be the same as Oz, but the chepaest house they looked at was £215,000 - making a mortgage of £185,000. Did I miss something?
i think the only thing we were missing was the bullcrap that was edited and the lies told throughout. As someone mentioned before, these TV programmes will make people look like fools for entertainment
they don't care about the stress caused for the family. The family are possibly nothing like that at all. I did detect a little humour mixed in with the moaning from the man, earlier on, so maybe he was exaggerating and laughing too!!

and why?, if the the women loved aus that much was there no mention of the weather, beaches etc - edited!!!

The fact is, it's TV and that family may be going through an even worse time having seen themselves edited and twisted to look like that

Sam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.