Wikiposts

TV alert ITV

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

fiona021 will become famous soon enoughfiona021 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: TV alert ITV

It seemed strange that he was earning a pittance but not willing to splash out the money so he could earn more and take some financial pressure off them all. They will come back as he looked gutted when she made the decision to stay. I felt sorry for the kids when they were having a discussion about Oz on Christmas day.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 8:26 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fiona021
I felt sorry for the kids when they were having a discussion about Oz on Christmas day.
Me too - you would think they could have given it a rest for one day!

No chance of them coming back - with his attitude and four years not working in his usual field of employment there is no way he will find a job in the uk paying enough for them to come back.

Hope i dont end up living next door to him when i get to oz!

Tiggs
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Andromada has a spectacular aura aboutAndromada has a spectacular aura aboutAndromada has a spectacular aura about

i found it interesting that they said the cost of food was half the cost in england to what they pay for food in oz. there seems to be lots of different opinions about this in BE. My sister has been in oz (vic, Berwick) staying with my ozzie sister for 3 months and she thinks the food is cheaper there and that there is much more choice of food in the shops. she says when she comes home she will miss the food and the choice and the variety of bread and cakes.
I thought there was abit of bullying going on really with that woman wanting them to live back in UK, there was no positives about their lives in oz at all if anything she made it all very negative.anyway thats just my opinion.
Andrea
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andromada
i found it interesting that they said the cost of food was half the cost in england to what they pay for food in oz. there seems to be lots of different opinions about this in BE. My sister has been in oz (vic, Berwick) staying with my ozzie sister for 3 months and she thinks the food is cheaper there and that there is much more choice of food in the shops. she says when she comes home she will miss the food and the choice and the variety of bread and cakes.
I thought there was abit of bullying going on really with that woman wanting them to live back in UK, there was no positives about their lives in oz at all if anything she made it all very negative.anyway thats just my opinion.
Andrea
this is really sad but you can do what we were doing the other night. We were scrolling through the coles and woolworths websites pricing up food

I know...we need to get a life
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

I think that you didn't really get to see their lives. I know it is only a tv programme but you didn't see all the aspects of their lives ie friends, work, school. It just seemed that there was a lot of whinging which wasn't really helpful to the viewer or family!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 8:43 am
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammyg
this is really sad but you can do what we were doing the other night. We were scrolling through the coles and woolworths websites pricing up food

and...................where was cheaper, uk or oz???
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fiona021
I think that you didn't really get to see their lives. I know it is only a tv programme but you didn't see all the aspects of their lives ie friends, work, school. It just seemed that there was a lot of whinging which wasn't really helpful to the viewer or family!
For what its worth

Our video went bananas - thankfully its on this Thursday on ITV2 for those who missed it

Bezza
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by penky
Well it's been widely publicised that bananas are so much more expensive so that your shoppin budget right out if you buy bananas. Maybe I should smuggle some in. Could put a deposit down on a house in no time!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

me & my daughter were involved in a tv programme, it really opened my eyes to what manipulaitve bastards the media are.... fishing all the time, setting you up to say stuff you don't mean or trying to make you look like a total prat... then after all that there is the editing...

I don't doubt for one moment that these are a lovely couple who just got involved with a programme that made the husband out to be a bit of a tosser... with some leading questions and efficient editing...

as for having a row about it on Christmas day? film crew in your house getting under everyones feet? the producers/ staff asking tosser questions? No wonder they weren't allowed a day off from rowing with cameras there in their faces..

Down with televison .... get out there and get a life....
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Andromada has a spectacular aura aboutAndromada has a spectacular aura aboutAndromada has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by sammyg

so while you were scrolling pricing up food, did you think food was more expensive in oz. I was in oz last year and found the food great, restaurants i found the food an intersting variety, however they didnt seem to sell plain food, when i had a craving for a plain jacket potato.
Andrea
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

baked jacket potato..... get potato stick in hot oven voila!

if I want plain food I stay at home
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by eddie007
me & my daughter were involved in a tv programme, it really opened my eyes to what manipulaitve bastards the media are.... fishing all the time, setting you up to say stuff you don't mean or trying to make you look like a total prat... then after all that there is the editing...

I don't doubt for one moment that these are a lovely couple who just got involved with a programme that made the husband out to be a bit of a tosser... with some leading questions and efficient editing...

as for having a row about it on Christmas day? film crew in your house getting under everyones feet? the producers/ staff asking tosser questions? No wonder they weren't allowed a day off from rowing with cameras there in their faces..

Down with televison .... get out there and get a life....
You can always say no and tell them where to go especially at Christmas
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penky

similar really, some items were cheaper and some were more expensive so all in all about the same

we don't really have particular food/label needs! fresh meat, fruit and veg is more important.
Meat was possibly slightly more expensive, particularly chicken breast, but recently in the UK it has become so cheap, more than likely because it is from battery farm chickens, so maybe not comparable?

Although fruit is sometimes mentioned as being more expensive in aus (due to water shortage) it was about the same as UK, but must be better quality than supermarket fruit and veg here!?
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

but we are British and terminally polite, oh no we can't help you its christmas? most of us poms are evn more helpful, welcoming and obliging at christmas

try telling a film crew that they aren't welcome!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by eddie007
baked jacket potato..... get potato stick in hot oven voila!

if I want plain food I stay at home
I know i was having a fussy moment as i just couldnt find anything i fancied, but overall the quality and variety of food is much nicer over there.
Andrea

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.