Wikiposts

TV alert ITV

Old Jul 6th 2007, 2:05 am
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TV alert ITV

Originally Posted by sjuk27
I totally agree, there are more important issues to put on the news than people moaning about fortnightly rubbish collections!!!!

I also agree that us brits do need to chill a little......

Am I starting over a few people from the dark side!!

Yay.......
Old Jul 6th 2007, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sjuk27
I totally agree, there are more important issues to put on the news than people moaning about fortnightly rubbish collections!!!!

I also agree that us brits do need to chill a little......
Will be chilling at 5!!!!!!
Old Jul 6th 2007, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AndyR1976
Am I starting over a few people from the dark side!!

Yay.......
Ha ha!! Have a good weekend
Old Jul 6th 2007, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

Craig71 is an unknown quantity at this point

First off let me thank Elaine my sister in law for sticking up for my family! Yes I am the poor unfortunate sod that was involved in filming that so called TV programme, without doubt it was the biggest mistake of our lives.Let me first state yes I do moan as does everyone, however I am as my friends(yes I have many) and family will state I am quite an nice person who gets on with life and tries to make the most of it,yet I have been portrayed in this so called show as a lazy, moaning git basically which is just not true.I have tried on many occasions to gain better employment whilst living in Au, but have failed even to gain an interview,so I have carried on doing the job I am now employed to do, which is to repair white goods, I currently earn about 170 pounds(take home) a week.As the wife and I are now wanting to return to the UK I have now turned my attention to gaining employment back in the UK. Regarding the retraining for Telecom work in Au , can I now clearly state that the course cost's nearer 1000 dollars with no guarantee of a job on completion. The course was also run on an evening which unfortunately meant that on some occasions no one would be home to look after Laura.I am not here to make excuses but 1000 dollars is a lot for us , with our mortgage currently just over 2000 dollars a month. I am not a lazy sod no matter what you think , I have never been out of work..
Regarding the actual programme itself, we had great fun doing the filming, I spent a whole day with the North Yorkshire Police talking with a PSO, finding out about working for the NYP, what the job involved etc, I was filmed in Elaine's Kitchen calling the recruitment line of several telecom companies, inquiring about employment, now why did all this end up on the cutting room floor??!! Why did the programme portray our marriage as being in jeopardy? Utter rubbish, Alison and I love one another very much and our marriage is very strong. What happened to all of the family scenes here in Au? Pictures of my parents who YES actually live here to! By the way the gloves on the BBQ were for hygiene reasons!All through this so called real life TV show we were more or less told what to say and do, at the beck and call of the crew 24/7, yes OK we agreed to do this stupid thing, at least we got a holiday home.
As yet we have still not seen the show, but from the feedback we have received from family and friends I am as is the rest of the family totally disgusted with the way we have been portrayed, and unfortunately I can not understand why ITV have done what they have done, as I said above we had some real nice times doing this show and visited some real nice parts of the UK, why has none of this has been shown? Why have ITV made the presenter lie yes lie, things we have never said miraculously seem to have appeared in the dialog, we never called her on the last night! Our final decision was a joint decision, we had no jobs ,no house and have at the moment have no savings, yes we both love the UK but we could not return that quick, we need to make plans.
Last off I have no intentions of replying to any further comments, ITV got it wrong, I got it wrong for agreeing to do this show(??) in the first place. I am a happy person, yes we moved to Australia and it has not worked for us, others have come and love this place, very good luck to them.
A very one sided programme which has been edited,edited and edited, right up until the Cyprus programme was shown, nice work ITV you have done us proud..........WHY??????????????
Old Jul 7th 2007, 3:34 am
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Craig,

Thanks for putting your side of the story on here. It just goes to show that, as with newspapers, you should never believe everything you see on TV!

I am sorry that it has not worked out in Australia for you but at least you have given it a go, I wish you and your family lots of luck for the future.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 3:52 am
Just Joined

Elaine37 is a jewel in the roughElaine37 is a jewel in the roughElaine37 is a jewel in the roughElaine37 is a jewel in the roughElaine37 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by VikkiL
Hi Craig,

Thanks for putting your side of the story on here. It just goes to show that, as with newspapers, you should never believe everything you see on TV!

I am sorry that it has not worked out in Australia for you but at least you have given it a go, I wish you and your family lots of luck for the future.
Well said Craig.
Hopefully everyone can now move on to the NZ family.!
See you all in November.XXX
Old Jul 7th 2007, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine37
Well said Craig.
Hopefully everyone can now move on to the NZ family.!
See you all in November.XXX
Move on and slaughter them next?

I'm glad Craig has put his piont of view forward, hopefully now people won't be so quick to judge (but I doubt it)
Old Jul 7th 2007, 9:22 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Craig

Regardless of how you may have appeared on the programme.....

....your one Cardinal sin was that you did not want to stay in Australia.

That alone is enough to get you a good kicking on here.

G
Old Jul 8th 2007, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Craig

Regardless of how you may have appeared on the programme.....

....your one Cardinal sin was that you did not want to stay in Australia.

That alone is enough to get you a good kicking on here.

G
G you old cynic, please refrain from such quotes lol