Tutors

Old Mar 12th 2011, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

lisah52 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tutors

Hi,
We moved to Melbourne from the Uk , 4 months ago, and are really enjoying our time here so far. I have two children - boys aged 8 and 5, who are now both at primary school. We are not sure how long we are going to stay in Australia ,and because of this , I am slightly worried that the Victorian curriculum does not match up with the Uk, which could become a problem for the boys, if we move back home. Does anyone know of any tutors, that teach the English curriculum, so that we can try and keep the children inline with the Uk. We have already put our 8 year old in the year above here, and still the work seems far to easy for him !!- help !!!!

Thanks
Old Mar 13th 2011, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tutors

I know a family here who've come to Perth for a year or two. They are not British, but their country uses the UK curriculum. They are also concerned about the level their children are learning at, and at how behind their kids will be when they go back to their country. Luckily, the mum is a teacher and she has obtained the curriculum workbooks and she has given me a set too. The differences in what the kids learn in the 2 countries is quite wide. Our kids are working on these exercises at home - not a heavy burden, as they get no homework from school. I do feel sorry for the kids, spending a lot of their time at school being bored. Does your principal understand what they have been learning before? Primary schools can vary a lot in what they teach, at least here in WA, sometimes changing schools can help.

Good luck in finding a tutor. In the meantime, perhaps have a look at the UK curriculum http://curriculum.qcda.gov.uk/.