tumble dryer?

Old Feb 16th 2009, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice
Default tumble dryer?

my tumble dryers packed in just days before removals come, is it worth while buying one before we go or get one in oz? any idea on prices of them in oz?

thanks in advance
Old Feb 16th 2009, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

JessicaJamie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: tumble dryer?

I was speaking to my sister on what to take and what to get out there. She suggested leaving dishwasher, washing maching etc ( there intergrated anyway so will be) but she said deffo bring the tumble. she said you'll be suprised how much it comes in handy. how much was you looking on spending coz I can speak to my sister tomorrow and give you pm to let you no!
Old Feb 16th 2009, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

just had a quick look on google try www.shopferret.com.au don't know if it will be any help.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by JessicaJamie
just had a quick look on google try www.shopferret.com.au don't know if it will be any help.
thanks

was looking to spend about £150, only had a quick look at that site but got a bit of a shock
Old Feb 16th 2009, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Hi Caroline

You should take a wee look at harvey norman, they seem to have some reasonably priced stuff, I was having a look at bits and bobs. By the way I HAVE LOST MY MIND LOL. Shippers are coming in two weeks and I have done nothing lol. Hows you

Gill
Old Feb 16th 2009, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by markandgill
Hi Caroline

You should take a wee look at harvey norman, they seem to have some reasonably priced stuff, I was having a look at bits and bobs. By the way I HAVE LOST MY MIND LOL. Shippers are coming in two weeks and I have done nothing lol. Hows you

Gill
gillian, I AM LOSING IT TOO shippers coming on friday and i have soooo much stuff running through my head,don't seem to be getting anywhere!!!!
panicking about packing suitcases cause we'll need stuff (winter clothes) for here and summery things for there aaaggghhh! who did you go with in the end? who you flying with, sorry can't remember.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by camacazi
gillian, I AM LOSING IT TOO shippers coming on friday and i have soooo much stuff running through my head,don't seem to be getting anywhere!!!!
panicking about packing suitcases cause we'll need stuff (winter clothes) for here and summery things for there aaaggghhh! who did you go with in the end? who you flying with, sorry can't remember.
I know Caroline, it is a blommin nightmare, we are the same with our clothes, both still working after the shippers pick up our stuff for a few day, so need work clothes & winter clothes and then summer clothes for oz, and we didnt get double baggage AAAARRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We actually went with All Route, we got a really good deal with them, McGimpseys were quoting us £4800, Browns quoted us £3900 and All Route quoted us £2500, this is sharing half a 40ft container that is sitting in Belfast waiting to go, they couldnt fit the load into a 20ft container, was just slightly too much, and it was ready to go when we rang, and it is going to Brisbane, so the shipping isnt going to take any longer - 6 to 8 weeks he said, just hoping everything goes ok with it, but im sure it will. We fly with Emirates
Old Feb 16th 2009, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by markandgill
I know Caroline, it is a blommin nightmare, we are the same with our clothes, both still working after the shippers pick up our stuff for a few day, so need work clothes & winter clothes and then summer clothes for oz, and we didnt get double baggage AAAARRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We actually went with All Route, we got a really good deal with them, McGimpseys were quoting us £4800, Browns quoted us £3900 and All Route quoted us £2500, this is sharing half a 40ft container that is sitting in Belfast waiting to go, they couldnt fit the load into a 20ft container, was just slightly too much, and it was ready to go when we rang, and it is going to Brisbane, so the shipping isnt going to take any longer - 6 to 8 weeks he said, just hoping everything goes ok with it, but im sure it will. We fly with Emirates
we didn't get double baggage either (cathay pacific) hope it all fits, we'll be wearing the same stuff for the next 8 weeks!! think come friday i will def need a drink!
Old Feb 16th 2009, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

No way near that stage but good luck all of you! Wish it was me!!!! (us)!!!!
Old Feb 16th 2009, 9:36 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Fisher & Paykel (a popular NZ based brand) do a good dryer for about $420. It has a humidity detector so automatically stops drying when contents are "just right". That allows for many things (kids clothes in particular) to be hung up without ironing. Does a good job of fluffing towels as well. (you can see who ends up doing much of the laundry in my house...)

http://www.productreview.com.au/show...p?item_id=3023
Old Feb 17th 2009, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Been said many times but if you have the choice, bring everything, including dishwasher, washing machine etc as there is no reason not to.
As for them being integrated, this is rare. You may find the dishwasher is integrtaed (although we still bought ours as the value to sell and hassle was way more than the equivalent value to replace in oz), but washing machines etc are never built-in. We've just looked at about 20 properties to rent and not one had a washing machine built in.

Bring everything you can since there is NO reason too leave anything as pretty mcuh everything works here...
Old Feb 17th 2009, 12:48 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Had a 20ft container when we came across, managed to fit contents of a four bed house in and still had room left. Kicking myself for not bringing the washing machine and tumble dryer with me. The LG condenser dryer I had in the UK cost more to buy here. Had enough of crispy towels and wet washing hanging around so had to buy another.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

margy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to all

Hi, it may just be me but we didn't bring our tumble dryer with us as we left it in our house we've rented out. I've not missed it. I hang all the clothes outside, why not the weather is good enough to do it, saves bills and better for the environment. Have also got an indoor washing line in the garage for when it rains.

M
Old Feb 17th 2009, 1:05 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I brought mine with me and use it every week. I will not stand and peg out every sock and pair of knickers for the whole family so they all go in the tumble dryer. Towels get finished off in there too to avoid the crusty towel!
Old Feb 17th 2009, 1:15 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

In QLD, and this may go for other sunny states, hanging out washing to dry typically result in over dried clothing requiring additional ironing. Also quickly results in sun-fading of colours.

Unless someone has the time to always bring in clothes at exactly the right time (beofre they are too dry) then a dryer (preferably with auto switch off humidity thingy) is a must.

As a side benefit, this also avoids finding various spiders and bugs in your clothes that were left outside and the risk of sudden downpour ruining all your efforts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.