Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tues/Wed 5pm CH4 - A Place Down Under

Tues/Wed 5pm CH4 - A Place Down Under

Old Jul 27th 2004, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road
Default Tues/Wed 5pm CH4 - A Place Down Under

Not sure if this is the same show that was recently shown in the evening but it might be worth checking it out. It's following eight families wanting to move to Oz.

Sandy
Old Jul 27th 2004, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future
Default Re: Tues/Wed 5pm CH4 - A Place Down Under

Originally posted by Sandy.l
Not sure if this is the same show that was recently shown in the evening but it might be worth checking it out. It's following eight families wanting to move to Oz.

Sandy
According to teletext...

17:00 A Place Down Under
New Series. Moving to Australia
Old Jul 27th 2004, 12:23 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by darkless
According to teletext...

17:00 A Place Down Under
New Series. Moving to Australia

channel 4s website does say its a new series, but it includes the russels from bath and the singletons from blackpool............werent they on the old one?????
or am i just getting a sense of dejavu and all the names are blurring into one.......................
Old Jul 27th 2004, 12:29 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
channel 4s website does say its a new series, but it includes the russels from bath and the singletons from blackpool............werent they on the old one?????
or am i just getting a sense of dejavu and all the names are blurring into one.......................
I think they're the ones that were on the prog last week, which was an "update" of a previous series, so could well be a repeat.

Still, I missed it first time around and will be watching all week...
Old Jul 27th 2004, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really nice

Can't watch it because Anglo Pacific have just packed our VCR. A 40 foot container will descend on sleepy Droitwich Spa tomorrow, can't wait to see the neighbours faces.
Old Jul 27th 2004, 6:20 pm

Originally posted by Neil S
Can't watch it because Anglo Pacific have just packed our VCR. A 40 foot container will descend on sleepy Droitwich Spa tomorrow, can't wait to see the neighbours faces.
Dont worry, you didnt miss anything! It was a repeat and, although I missed it the first time around, having watched the "update" last week I know what happens anyway.

And does that Skegg woman ever stop moaning?
Old Jul 27th 2004, 6:58 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

And does that Skegg woman ever stop moaning? [/QUOTE]

Bloody hell! I know what you mean. She cannot find anything positive to say about anything. My hubby reckons her hubby must be a saint or very thick skinned, lol!
Old Jul 28th 2004, 6:28 am

Originally posted by lucyb
And does that Skegg woman ever stop moaning?

Bloody hell! I know what you mean. She cannot find anything positive to say about anything. My hubby reckons her hubby must be a saint or very thick skinned, lol! [/QUOTE]

It has put me off watching any more!

No wonder we all get called "whinging poms"...
Old Jul 28th 2004, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sandy.l

Sandy
Can they not find new families to follow? It was so disappointing to watch and I could easily have punched the Skegg's woman right in the face! So many of my friends and family would love to emigrate to Oz and HAVE visited the country before but can't get visa's - she qualify's as a midwife and they hop on a plane, then winge about everything as soon as they land. Incase you missed it, she hated the weather - too hot, she hated the sound of the birds - too noisy, the sand was too hot under her poor little tooties, she complained her wages were low (well in Oz they base a nurses/midwife's wgae on levels of experience and she had none!), plus she hated her job???? Ummm...lets think YOU CHOSE IT!!!! She hated the shopping - as there was no M&S and she was running out of knickers- WASH THEM or get rellies back in UK to send you more, oh and to top it off she disapproved of having a white hearse and coffin??????? Whats wrong with white, better than dismal black! Cannot believe that of all the families that emigrate every year , London Weekend Television decided to follow them? They give us lot who love the country and it's people the name a winging POME, and who could blame the Aussi's for thinking that after watching that performance?
Old Jul 28th 2004, 7:08 am
wombat42

Originally posted by glittababe
Can they not find new families to follow? It was so disappointing to watch and I could easily have punched the Skegg's woman right in the face! So many of my friends and family would love to emigrate to Oz and HAVE visited the country before but can't get visa's - she qualify's as a midwife and they hop on a plane, then winge about everything as soon as they land. Incase you missed it, she hated the weather - too hot, she hated the sound of the birds - too noisy, the sand was too hot under her poor little tooties, she complained her wages were low (well in Oz they base a nurses/midwife's wgae on levels of experience and she had none!), plus she hated her job???? Ummm...lets think YOU CHOSE IT!!!! She hated the shopping - as there was no M&S and she was running out of knickers- WASH THEM or get rellies back in UK to send you more, oh and to top it off she disapproved of having a white hearse and coffin??????? Whats wrong with white, better than dismal black! Cannot believe that of all the families that emigrate every year , London Weekend Television decided to follow them? They give us lot who love the country and it's people the name a winging POME, and who could blame the Aussi's for thinking that after watching that performance?
l think the producers of the show thought that putting a whinging pom like her on the show would be good for the ratings.

Old Jul 28th 2004, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wombat42
l think the producers of the show thought that putting a whinging pom like her on the show would be good for the ratings.
well its put me off watching the rest of the series! I think a lot of people will turn off now!
Old Jul 28th 2004, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

She was a real pain. Funny she complained about men taking their shirts off. That was one of the first things we noticed in the UK. As soon as the sun comes out fat men with no shirts showing off their tatoo's.
Do people just choose to remember what they want too about the country they leave. Probably is why I only ever remember the sun shinning in Wellington!
Old Jul 28th 2004, 9:22 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

For all that I slated Mandy last night, I've now become one of her biggest fans.

Her whinging had me in stitches yesterday.

Every time she open's her mouth she reminds me why I'm leaving the UK.

Paul.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 9:25 am

I cant understand why it says "new series"?
Old Jul 28th 2004, 9:25 am

I cant understand why it says "new series"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.