Reload this Page >

TSS482 Visa and Oz Health Care Insurance

TSS482 Visa and Oz Health Care Insurance

Old Aug 27th 2018, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

DomTier is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TSS482 Visa and Oz Health Care Insurance

Hi Guys

Needing some advice. I'm moving out to Melbourne in early January 2019, on a four year TSS482 skilled migrant visa. I'm moving from the UK. And whilst we have reciprocal health care arrangements with Oz Medicare services. As part of my visa it states I need to maintain adequate health care cover/insurance whilst in Australia.

I'm having some problems getting MediBank, or similar companies, to insure/proved a quote, as I don't have a permanent Oz address yet. I'm staying in a hotel for the first three weeks upon arrival, until I find an apartment to rent. Can I just use my work address (I know that) temporarily for the first few weeks in Melbourne?

Has anyone else experienced this? Either on the new TSS482 to the older e457 visa? How did you resolve this? I've already opened a migrant bank account. That was so easy. I can't understand how sorting health insurance is causing more issues!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Dom.
Old Sep 1st 2018, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TSS482 Visa and Oz Health Care Insurance

When we came here back in 2006 on a 457, we sorted it out once we'd arrived.
Old Nov 28th 2018, 7:10 am
Just Joined

whysweats is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dom,
Did you manage to sort this out? We are also moving to Melbourne with the same visa in Jan and we need to sort this out too.
Thanks
Old Nov 28th 2018, 10:53 am
HMP Queensland

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

In the days pf the 457 there were companies that provided insurance specifically for 457 holders, with stuff like insurance that didn't start until you enter the country, and allowed for no permanent address at first. Try googling and you ma find them offering the same to 482 holders.

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 28th 2018 at 11:01 am.
Old Nov 28th 2018, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DomTier View Post
Hi Guys

Needing some advice. I'm moving out to Melbourne in early January 2019, on a four year TSS482 skilled migrant visa. I'm moving from the UK. And whilst we have reciprocal health care arrangements with Oz Medicare services. As part of my visa it states I need to maintain adequate health care cover/insurance whilst in Australia.

I'm having some problems getting MediBank, or similar companies, to insure/proved a quote, as I don't have a permanent Oz address yet. I'm staying in a hotel for the first three weeks upon arrival, until I find an apartment to rent. Can I just use my work address (I know that) temporarily for the first few weeks in Melbourne?

Has anyone else experienced this? Either on the new TSS482 to the older e457 visa? How did you resolve this? I've already opened a migrant bank account. That was so easy. I can't understand how sorting health insurance is causing more issues!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Dom.
https://www.bupa.com.au/health-insur...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Yes just use employer or immigration agent address.

Several companies offer insurance for temporary visa holders.

Should be in place upon arrival.

HTH
Old Dec 3rd 2018, 10:35 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Please ping a PM or email to me if you'd like contact details for a couple of the companies that provide this cover to employer sponsored visa applicants.

You can usually arrange cover and defer the commencement date for a few months until you arrive in Australia.

Best regards.