Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Trying to remember the coach company from the 90s

Trying to remember the coach company from the 90s

Old Oct 17th 2018, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

spainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud of
Default Trying to remember the coach company from the 90s

I was over in 1994 for a full year and I purchased back then an unlimited hop on hop off coach ticket that I could use for a full 12 months and would entitle me to travel anywhere in Australia apart from Western Australia. It was an amazing deal and I remember paying in the region of $770 for this unlimited card. It took the route from Sydney to South Australia then through the middle via Aires Rocks, upto Darwin and then along the coast via Brisbane and back to Sydney. I hopped on an off and stayed in hostels along the way which were $20 a night back then.
Update, forget the title, as im writing this ive just remembered that they were called Mccaffetys. Seem to have gone out of operation now in 2004. Do any coach companies do a hop on hop off service like what they had back then? Ive just checked Greyhound and theirs seems to have a limited deal but not to the extent I had 20 odd yrs ago but im sure back then they did a similar ticket but was almost double in preice.

Last edited by spainboy; Oct 17th 2018 at 6:28 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2018, 10:47 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trying to remember the coach company from the 90s

There are things like Oz Experience (backpacker bus).

https://www.ozexperience.com/travel-...y-ex-melbourne

Info is hard to come by on the website but it looks like Melbourne to Cairns hop on / hop off is $899...6 months allowed.

And this sound like what you had: https://www.greyhound.com.au/coach-t...l-pass=365-day

And yes, its nearly double what you paid 25 years ago...but that seems reasonable!

Last edited by bcworld; Oct 17th 2018 at 10:52 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2018, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trying to remember the coach company from the 90s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCafferty%27s_Coaches