Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Trying not to laugh.

Trying not to laugh.

Old May 17th 2005, 2:53 pm
Professional Princess

Default Trying not to laugh.

I am currently in my office, trying to do some work but at the same time doing some mental TRA stuff in my mind.

This rep walks in and I glanced up at him, suddenly all thoughts of TRA leave my mind and I am totally fixated by this man.

I have never ever in my long legged life seen anyone that looks quite as strange as him.

He has teeth that resemble those false ones you put on at halloween, a shiny head, huge massive gigantic Elton John glasses and I promise you this man has no bottom. I don't know how he has no bum, but he hasnt.

'Ive got pens for you Samantha!' He says with glee rubbing his hands together.

Remembering I am meant to go orgasmic at the sight of a biro, I smile at him with a grin so big my mouth looks like a letterbox.

'Please please please don't talk to me about Australia because I really will urinate myself' I pleaded to 'him upstairs'.

Smiling at me with his false looking teeth, I tried to stop myself laughing with thoughts of TRA and stuff.

But it didnt work and when I drank my water, I choked on it.

'Something funny?' He asked me.

'Nope, just went down the wrong hole'. I said weakly.

Anyway, he has just this minute come back in and grinned at me.

Please go away Mr Man, you are making me laugh when I really ought to be thinking about serious stuff such as DIMIA and TRA.

(hes back in again, I think he is from Star Wars or Star Trek)

Old May 17th 2005, 3:00 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trying not to laugh.

sounds like a real catch. go after him now .

do you have someone to leave work with? if not find someone quick.

louise
Old May 17th 2005, 3:09 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by louise4
sounds like a real catch. go after him now .

do you have someone to leave work with? if not find someone quick.

louise

Today I was expecting a call from my accountant .

My colleague passes me the phone, excited as I get on well with him and we often get drunk together, I grabbed the phone and jumped like a gazelle up the stairs to talk to him in private.

'Hello sexy, havent heard your voice in ages, when are we going to go out and get drunk?' I laughed down the phone, its a standing joke that I am his only customer that says that and he replies with something equal to that.

'Now, I have had this letter from Companies House' I start to tell him.

'Erm, Samantha, its ***** from ***** company, I was wondering if you had a chance to sort out that meeting?' Instantly, I knew I had made a terrible mistake.

I had been talking to one of our senior reps.

Thank god noone saw my face.

And as for my accountant, I am still waiting his call.

Be careful how you answer your phone.

Old May 17th 2005, 3:12 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

LOL, try the old trick of imagining him naked!
Old May 17th 2005, 3:17 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by paulf
LOL, try the old trick of imagining him naked!

Oh no, please, he keeps coming in the office.

Is it 5pm yet?

Old May 17th 2005, 3:19 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Two Biros and you anyones.
Old May 17th 2005, 3:32 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by Bordy
Two Biros and you anyones.

Well I have had some lovely gifts from the reps.

Ive had 2 USB flash discs, CD-RW discs, clocks, radios, Modem extension cables, mugs, floppy discs, diaries (nice ones).

So really, its so much more than a pen to win my heart.

Old May 17th 2005, 3:39 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Sounds to me like he's a badly disguised klingon PP! If you peel back his prosthetic shiny head, you'll notice that he's got a Cornish pastie stuck to his forehead!

Maybe they're planning to invade Earth! It may be up to you to save us all!
Old May 17th 2005, 3:41 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

I am currently in my office, trying to do some work but at the same time doing some mental TRA stuff in my mind.

This rep walks in and I glanced up at him, suddenly all thoughts of TRA leave my mind and I am totally fixated by this man.

I have never ever in my long legged life seen anyone that looks quite as strange as him.

He has teeth that resemble those false ones you put on at halloween, a shiny head, huge massive gigantic Elton John glasses and I promise you this man has no bottom. I don't know how he has no bum, but he hasnt.

'Ive got pens for you Samantha!' He says with glee rubbing his hands together.

Remembering I am meant to go orgasmic at the sight of a biro, I smile at him with a grin so big my mouth looks like a letterbox.

'Please please please don't talk to me about Australia because I really will urinate myself' I pleaded to 'him upstairs'.

Smiling at me with his false looking teeth, I tried to stop myself laughing with thoughts of TRA and stuff.

But it didnt work and when I drank my water, I choked on it.

'Something funny?' He asked me.

'Nope, just went down the wrong hole'. I said weakly.

Anyway, he has just this minute come back in and grinned at me.

Please go away Mr Man, you are making me laugh when I really ought to be thinking about serious stuff such as DIMIA and TRA.

Star Wars Bar perhaps??
Old May 17th 2005, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

I promise you this man has no bottom. I don't know how he has no bum, but he hasnt.
When hubby was at college he and his mate had nicknames for every guy on the course and the teacher, who had no bottom! and his nickname was ...... 'Noel'... NO HOLE hahaha
Old May 17th 2005, 8:11 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no, please, he keeps coming in the office.
What ARE you doing to him

G
Old May 18th 2005, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Grayling
What ARE you doing to him

G
You know what they say, PP, if someone keeps cropping up on your path, they "have a message for you" (there isn't a click-on smiley for "goes all mystical", but imagine one). Also, remember the 6 degrees of separation thingy...maybe he has a relo :scared: in Australia that might be significant in some way when you get here... I think you should grab the biro by the ball and pursue this...