Reload this Page >

Trying to find my brother

Trying to find my brother

Old Jan 3rd 2009, 10:53 pm
wez
Just Joined

wez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trying to find my brother

My name is Wendy and I have found out today that my brother and his family emigrated to Australia without telling us. We have no idea what part of Australia he went to only that he left in October and his wife and 2 daughters followed a couple of weeks before Christmas.

His name is Micheal (Mick) Gordon he is 51 and his birthday is the 18th 0f December. His wife is Susan (Sue) and his children are SXXXX and EXXXX, teenagers. Mick is working as a pastry chef.

We have no idea why he left without telling anyone and would love to get in touch with him. We were never a close family having had a rough childhood but I always thought I was close to him and want him to know I love him and miss him.

If anyone knows him could you please pass this message on to him and ask him to contact me by whichever means he chooses, just let me know you are OK.

Wendy.

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 4th 2009 at 12:46 am. Reason: Please give the kids some privacy at least
Old Jan 4th 2009, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all
Default Re: Trying to find my brother

Originally Posted by wez
My name is Wendy and I have found out today that my brother and his family emigrated to Australia without telling us. We have no idea what part of Australia he went to only that he left in October and his wife and 2 daughters followed a couple of weeks before Christmas.

His name is Micheal (Mick) Gordon he is 51 and his birthday is the 18th 0f December. His wife is Susan (Sue) and his children are SXXXX and EXXX , teenagers. Mick is working as a pastry chef.

We have no idea why he left without telling anyone and would love to get in touch with him. We were never a close family having had a rough childhood but I always thought I was close to him and want him to know I love him and miss him.

If anyone knows him could you please pass this message on to him and ask him to contact me by whichever means he chooses, just let me know you are OK.

Wendy.

My first thought is that your a debt collector

PS I'm sorry if i'm wrong!

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 4th 2009 at 12:47 am. Reason: editing quote
Old Jan 4th 2009, 12:34 am
wez
Just Joined

You are so wrong. I have spent all over Christmas trying to find him. My mum sent y neices money for Christmas and we didn't get our usual christmas cards. I only found out by accident that he had gone. We tried ringing him and found the number was no longer in use so I did a search using his post code and managed to find his neighbours phone number. I rang and asked him to give Mick a message and he then informed me he had left.

Even if you don't believe me and think you might know him please tell him his sister, Wendy is trying to find him, he will know it's me. I also have a brother andrew and a sister Cindy, between us we have 10 children and with micks 2 that makes 12, what more can I say to convince you I am his sister desperatly trying to find him? He was in the Navy and our dad was in the merchant Navy, my husband is a train driver for EWS and drives in France, is that enough?
I'm so upset please pass this on even if he doesn't tell me where he is I just want to know he's OK.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 12:48 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

My first thought is that if he didn't tell anyone he was leaving he doesn't want anyone to find him.

If as you say he is 51 he would be here on a temporary visa, so will be returning eventually. If/when he wants to get in touch I'm sure he will.

However, start with www.whitepages.com.au
Old Jan 4th 2009, 12:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wez
You are so wrong. I have spent all over Christmas trying to find him. My mum sent y neices money for Christmas and we didn't get our usual christmas cards. I only found out by accident that he had gone. We tried ringing him and found the number was no longer in use so I did a search using his post code and managed to find his neighbours phone number. I rang and asked him to give Mick a message and he then informed me he had left.

Even if you don't believe me and think you might know him please tell him his sister, Wendy is trying to find him, he will know it's me. I also have a brother andrew and a sister Cindy, between us we have 10 children and with micks 2 that makes 12, what more can I say to convince you I am his sister desperatly trying to find him? He was in the Navy and our dad was in the merchant Navy, my husband is a train driver for EWS and drives in France, is that enough?
I'm so upset please pass this on even if he doesn't tell me where he is I just want to know he's OK.
You have to forgive us for being suspicious - we get a lot of people using the forum to find people and not all of them are posting the genuine reason.
Hope you find your family
Old Jan 4th 2009, 12:56 am
wez
Just Joined

I totally understand, I have dept collectors after me but I don't think my brother did, his wife worked in a bank.

I know he probably left without wanting us to know but I can't understand why, and if he left thinking we don't care I just want him to know we do and care and he is loved. I hate to think of him thinking we aren't conserned or haven't noticed he's gone.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 5:29 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dorothy
My first thought is that if he didn't tell anyone he was leaving he doesn't want anyone to find him.

If as you say he is 51 he would be here on a temporary visa, so will be returning eventually. If/when he wants to get in touch I'm sure he will.

However, start with www.whitepages.com.au
We have friends who came over in their 50s and now have permanent visas with no intention of ever returning. Depends on the type of visa I guess.

To the OP: I hope you make contact with your brother.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:36 am
wez
Just Joined

Just bumping this up in case there is a chance Mick might see it.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

have you tried a search on facebook?
Old Jan 13th 2009, 4:53 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps stating the obvious here, but do you know where he used to work, any of the places he used to spend time outside work, and anything about his wife's family? These are obvious places to start.

Also, he may have asked the Post Office to forward mail somewhere, so if you send a letter it may (or may not) reach him. Maybe try recorded delivery, or both recorded delivery and regular post. Letter may never get anywhere or fall into wrong hands, so don't write anything you don't want a third party to read.