Reload this Page >

trying to cover it all

trying to cover it all

Old Jul 19th 2003, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

thebrowns is an unknown quantity at this point
Question trying to cover it all

Any Ideas?

Trying to get to Bribane ASAP (like half the world or so it seems).

I have a sponsor in a designated area, i am onc/Btec qualified engineer,(has anyone got out on a B Tec apprentice served Engineering Qualification?) but this was a long time ago and I am not working full time in this field anymore can just make 20 hours a week.
I have not done any study since my trade qual`s unless you count attending the University of life!

If my skill is not considered good enough by the powers that be, can I use my sponsor for my wife who is a newly qualified Hairdresser and we all know Oz is crying out for snippers and clippers.

Or would we have to go through the points test and then fail on the 2 years experience thing?

Am I the only one or does this migration thing take over everyones life? Getting very frustrated, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old Jul 19th 2003, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

i did a full engineerring M.O.D. apprenticeship with btec back in the late 70's

i left and retrained into my now field -air con in 82 with btec +C&G

-post study only amounts to the odd manufacturers course..

I kinda wrongly assumed that as they were crying out for a/c /fridge guy's I would just have to say 'come and get me' -

oh how sadly deluded I was...............

don't be fooled into thinking it's -TRA- an easy task..mine took 4 months to get to the submitting stage ...

however I got a deeming date from the day I left re-training ie '82

therefore it's fairly easy to get tra'd correctly providing you put in the necessary work compiling the info..again don't underestimate this..
remember they can only judge you on what you submit-and if there's any doubt it's easier for them to reject/delay you..

although this is not what they are about ;-)

high demand or no-``
your wife will not get assessed ok if she hasn't had sufficient training (qualifications) + 2 yrs post experience ( or 7yrs+ with no formal qualification)

cheers

richard

Last edited by r.bartlett; Jul 19th 2003 at 10:28 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2003, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

thebrowns is an unknown quantity at this point
Default covering it all

Thanks Richard,

I am having a pre skill ass. at the minute this is taking an age!

My wife is newly qualified and has no actual exp. but would my sponsor help to pull her away from the points test and then the two year rule? I presume putting her into the 3 months out of the last 6 month rule.

Regards

Going greyer by the week!
Old Jul 19th 2003, 11:00 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I would agree with Richard, TRA assessment is difficult, I would say the hardest part of the process. You really need to get some good advice. I also don't work in my assessed occupation of electrician & have a deeming date of 1987.