Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

the truth about cats and dogs

the truth about cats and dogs

Old Feb 26th 2004, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

Boozy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default the truth about cats and dogs

There is currently a debate in South Australia about introducing a law to ban the consumption of cats and dogs.
This is where our tax doller is going.
I was privvy to how this debacle started when I visited Adeleide last year from Victoria.It went like this on talk back radio :

Animal welfare caller : Mr Rand i understand that at some places in Victoria it is not illegal to eat cats and dogs.
Mike rand (SA Premier ) : That's disguisting.I will introduce laws here to ban the eating of cats and dogs.We will not allow this in South Australia !

2 months later - headline in Victoria newspaper -SA Premier bans the consumpltion of cats and dogs..! What is going on in Adeleide's restaurants ?
The SA govt is now debating the need for these laws...Aren't our State leaders doing a wonderful job....!!
Keep up the important work guys
Old Feb 26th 2004, 9:08 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: the truth about cats and dogs

Originally posted by Boozy
There is currently a debate in South Australia about introducing a law to ban the consumption of cats and dogs.
This is where our tax doller is going.
I was privvy to how this debacle started when I visited Adeleide last year from Victoria.It went like this on talk back radio :

Animal welfare caller : Mr Rand i understand that at some places in Victoria it is not illegal to eat cats and dogs.
Mike rand (SA Premier ) : That's disguisting.I will introduce laws here to ban the eating of cats and dogs.We will not allow this in South Australia !

2 months later - headline in Victoria newspaper -SA Premier bans the consumpltion of cats and dogs..! What is going on in Adeleide's restaurants ?
The SA govt is now debating the need for these laws...Aren't our State leaders doing a wonderful job....!!
Keep up the important work guys

I remember reading about this a couple of months ago. It's one of those silly loopholes that they are trying to close up. It's not that they are freely on the menu's, it's that it's not illegal. They are not allowed to serve cats and dogs, but apparently you can still bring your own in and eat them!

And no doubt, some idiot will!
Old Feb 26th 2004, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

Mine's a kitten tikka masala!
Old Feb 26th 2004, 9:20 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by SteveBannister
I remember reading about this a couple of months ago. It's one of those silly loopholes that they are trying to close up. It's not that they are freely on the menu's, it's that it's not illegal. They are not allowed to serve cats and dogs, but apparently you can still bring your own in and eat them!

MMM BBQs in parks with dogs and cats running around.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SteveBannister

Anyone for a bit of nasty cat?
Old Feb 26th 2004, 9:51 pm
WBB

most of us have probably eaten cat or dog or worse without even knowing it.

where do you think all the cats that go missing end up.

Old Feb 26th 2004, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by WBB
most of us have probably eaten cat or dog or worse without even knowing it.

where do you think all the cats that go missing end up.
The fur can get stuck in your teeth though....
Old Feb 26th 2004, 9:55 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Olive101
The fur can get stuck in your teeth though....
naa, i can gut an animal with the best of em.

Old Feb 26th 2004, 9:58 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

I've (well the missus) have 2 cats, indoor Burneese(?) things.

£1 each :PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:

So who's up for it?
Old Feb 26th 2004, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

... or a pot poodle

(this thread is low enough to be on my wavelength!)
Old Feb 26th 2004, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Well, its all a bit species-ist to me. I mean, how can you justify eating a hunk of cow/ sheep whatever, but not eat cat or dog. Just because they're fluffy doesn't mean they shouldn't be eaten.
Larissa
Really pleased to say I'm a veggie, so I aint no hypocrite!
Old Feb 26th 2004, 10:11 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Larissa
Well, its all a bit species-ist to me. I mean, how can you justify eating a hunk of cow/ sheep whatever, but not eat cat or dog. Just because they're fluffy doesn't mean they shouldn't be eaten.
Larissa
Really pleased to say I'm a veggie, so I aint no hypocrite!
Bet Blim's not too chuffed though, hey Larry

I agree with the fluffy bit. If its got fluff, it should still be eaten

I was only telling that to Sue (Tiredwithtwins) the other night
Old Feb 26th 2004, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Jack Daws
I agree with the fluffy bit. If its got fluff, it should still be eaten
Does that apply to belly buttons as well then?!

(and why is it always blue....?)
Old Feb 26th 2004, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Jack Daws
Bet Blim's not too chuffed though, hey Larry
Only one thing to say to that....

S N I P ! ! ! ! poor Jack!!!
Old Feb 26th 2004, 10:17 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Larissa
Only one thing to say to that....

S N I P ! ! ! ! poor Jack!!!
OI.

Leave me plumbs out of it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.