Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

True picture of Australia

True picture of Australia

Old Mar 15th 2006, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default True picture of Australia

As beautiful as the Nice pic's of Aus are they really don't reflect the true places that we need to live in...

Lets face it I have fantastic pic's in Turkey but I wouldn't live there.

I thought that it would be great for people looking at coming having more real picture's to look through.

* Indoor play centre - Melb SE
* China Town Mel CBD
* A typical street - ohh it's Ramsey Street
* View of the Suburbs from the CBD Melb
* The Yarra River further out in the SE
Attached Thumbnails True picture of Australia-australia-141.jpg   True picture of Australia-australia-161.jpg   True picture of Australia-australia-191.jpg   True picture of Australia-australia-356.jpg   True picture of Australia-fishing-8-.jpg  

Old Mar 15th 2006, 10:11 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: True picture of Australia

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
As beautiful as the Nice pic's of Aus are they really don't reflect the true places that we need to live in...

I thought that it would be great for people looking at coming having more real picture's to look through.

* China Town Mel CBD
Ah, those are nice pics too - is that your daughter? She looks very sweet sitting fishing
Old Mar 15th 2006, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Here are a few more.

I shall take some of a few parks soon so people can get a true idea of where kids play. Maybe some school shots would be useful to those with kids. I shall take some of shopping area's soon.. Let us know what else is needed!

* Melb CBD from South Bank
* View into the city from the SE
* CBD at night
Attached Thumbnails True picture of Australia-holls-mum-city-004.jpg   True picture of Australia-mt-dandenong-004.jpg   True picture of Australia-new-years-eve-018.jpg  
Old Mar 15th 2006, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Clippies
Ah, those are nice pics too - is that your daughter? She looks very sweet sitting fishing
Yep that's my youngest... she sits there for hours and has never caught a fish - bless
The good thing here is that the kids can go off and bike ride etc whilst you fish without you having to panic!
Old Mar 15th 2006, 10:18 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Nice piccies - love the one of your daughter fishing! How long till you're back in the UK?
Old Mar 15th 2006, 10:20 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep that's my youngest... she sits there for hours and has never caught a fish - bless
The good thing here is that the kids can go off and bike ride etc whilst you fish without you having to panic!
Ah bless that's so sweet. My son would love to do fishing, he was trying to talk me into buying him a fishing net the other day - I've no idea where he thought he was going to use it - so I asked him. He said I can use it when we go to "Ourstralia"

I can't imagine ever being able to relax enough to take my eyes off him, I'm super paranoid someone's going to pinch him
Old Mar 15th 2006, 10:25 pm

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

A few of Brisbane CBD:
Attached Thumbnails True picture of Australia-401741768ml1125374837.jpg   True picture of Australia-brisbane-14.jpg   True picture of Australia-brisbane-15.jpg  
Old Mar 15th 2006, 10:31 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

* China Town Mel CBD
Great pics you have put up on this thread BUT is fish in the Yarra safe to eat? :scared:
Old Mar 15th 2006, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Clippies
Ah bless that's so sweet. My son would love to do fishing, he was trying to talk me into buying him a fishing net the other day - I've no idea where he thought he was going to use it - so I asked him. He said I can use it when we go to "Ourstralia"

I can't imagine ever being able to relax enough to take my eyes off him, I'm super paranoid someone's going to pinch him
I used to use a wrist strap whilst shopping in the UK... they look at you as though your kid has major social problems if you use them here! My kids have really learnt how to have Independence and freedom in the 3 years we have been here. I never fret anymore just equip them with walkie talkies when they go off roaming - I am not living in the suburbs though.

We may be heading back end of this year although I still have major doubts. I hope that I can still give them the freedom that they have become so used to. It has to be my biggest concern of the UK
Old Mar 16th 2006, 6:20 am

I used to use a wrist strap whilst shopping in the UK... they look at you as though your kid has major social problems if you use them here! My kids have really learnt how to have Independence and freedom in the 3 years we have been here. I never fret anymore just equip them with walkie talkies when they go off roaming - I am not living in the suburbs though.

We may be heading back end of this year although I still have major doubts. I hope that I can still give them the freedom that they have become so used to. It has to be my biggest concern of the UK
Really, I just can't imagine it - I'm absolutely terrified here I don't let him out of my sight - he's only 4 of course so that's natural. Even when he's playing on slides and things I follow his every move, I'm not the only one there's lots of frantic moms at Sutton Park lol. There's always so many horrible things in the news about kids it's a genuine worry. I think the worst thing is that often it's kids harming kids - there's been a lot of that lately, just last week an 11 year old girl was raped by a 14 year old in Sainsbury's toilets

Anyway, sorry I'm going off topic, I'm hoping someone's going to show me some real pics of WA? Anyone??
Old Mar 16th 2006, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Great pics you have put up on this thread BUT is fish in the Yarra safe to eat? :scared:
No probaly not but then I wouldn't eat fish out of the Thames either.

Fish out of the sea for me!
Old Mar 16th 2006, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

lostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of light

Doh !

The only reason I started that thread was to give everyone in the UK some hope !! Don't show them the real Australia !!

Only kidding - some nice photos.

Lostpom
Old Mar 16th 2006, 9:47 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzSheila
No probaly not but then I wouldn't eat fish out of the Thames either.

Fish out of the sea for me!
You could always suss out knowledge from local fishers or listen on a community radio station (southern cross broadcasting network for example) for tips on where to fish.

It would be so delightful for your little girl if she caught the family's dinner
Old Mar 16th 2006, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

djfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nice

Originally Posted by ScottyTee
A few of Brisbane CBD:
Fantastic pictures - great framing - you must have had some training
Old Mar 16th 2006, 9:56 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi.

Why are you coming back, if you don't mind me asking?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.