Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

is that true about the shipping....

is that true about the shipping....

Old Jan 2nd 2007, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default is that true about the shipping....

My SIL said when the ship dock at the otherside, with your container, and the custome officer havent got the time to check your stuff, for some reason or other, they would charge you for the time its setting there, before they even check your container, is that right, is the charges quite a lot, has it happened to anybody.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 11:54 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is that true about the shipping....

Sounds like horse-shit to me mate. Only 'extras' people have been lumbered with in the past are the 'cleaning the outside of the container' con and the 'oh shit is my three piece suite really wicker' destruction fine.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 11:57 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

NO. Ours sat there for 3 weeks. There problem, not our's. Free of charge.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 7:52 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
My SIL said when the ship dock at the otherside, with your container, and the custome officer havent got the time to check your stuff, for some reason or other, they would charge you for the time its setting there, before they even check your container, is that right, is the charges quite a lot, has it happened to anybody.
Depends upon what terms you shipped your personal effects under... If you use one of the main removal companies then I'm quite sure it's included... But if you did it yourself then under normal conditions a container will attract demurrage from the shipping line if it's not removed emptied and returned to their choice of depot within a set period of time, say 7 days. And it will attract a further dock rent charge from the arrival port after their set period of free days...
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

my SIL, she worked for export import company a few years back and she said she remember it use to cost her company a lot of money when they use to get their container, so I dont know these charges normally applies for businesses or personal stuff as well.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

Latona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud of

hi we are getting our container tomorrow finally,and we got a bill for gst on the hoover and washing machine we declared $80 dollars.then before it could be sent to customs we also had to pay $380 dollars for some crap about unloading or somthing like that ,although we was warned about a charge from our friends in brisbane who had the same experience when they tried to protest they were told literally "do you want your stuff or not" not very nice but i would check with your movers and then get it in writing that your container will arrive with no other costs than maybe cleaning
good luck
peter