Is it true....

Old Nov 12th 2004, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

nmccallum has a spectacular aura aboutnmccallum has a spectacular aura aboutnmccallum has a spectacular aura about
Default Is it true....

Is it true that you can't get Bovril in Aus?? I'm devastated and my boyfriend thinks he will finally be able to convert me onto Vegemite.

I really can't stomach Vegemite or any similar product - Bovril is my absolute favourite and I can't even slip a few bottles in my shipping!!

Please someone tell me that it can be found in Aus....!!!
Old Nov 12th 2004, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Marlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Is it true....

Originally Posted by nmccallum
Is it true that you can't get Bovril in Aus?? I'm devastated and my boyfriend thinks he will finally be able to convert me onto Vegemite.

I really can't stomach Vegemite or any similar product - Bovril is my absolute favourite and I can't even slip a few bottles in my shipping!!

Hi nmccallum

This might help you http://www.lifeslittleluxuries.co.uk/
I found it on the right of this forum under Missing British Food. I looked at their list of foods and they do Bovril chicken drink and a bovril paste. Might be an idea to contact them and ask if they could supply the Bovril you like.

There must other companies like this, I'd do a search if I where you and compare prices.

Good Luck
Old Nov 12th 2004, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

pozzies is an unknown quantity at this point

Totally know where you're coming from, I had same trouble when I was there last year, I got my folks to send it over. You can buy a similar thing called promite, it claims to be a beefy drink/spread but I ain't convinced. Give that a go.
Must say though I am totally converted to Vegemite.
GOOD LUCK
Old Nov 12th 2004, 12:18 pm
Go Banana's !!

I am a Bovril fan and have three slices of toast with it on every morning and YES, Yes Yes you can get it on normal sale in Woolworths !! Only problem its the small jars and you go through the quickly !

Even the dog likes it !

Warren !!

Old Nov 12th 2004, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

nmccallum has a spectacular aura aboutnmccallum has a spectacular aura aboutnmccallum has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
I am a Bovril fan and have three slices of toast with it on every morning and YES, Yes Yes you can get it on normal sale in Woolworths !! Only problem its the small jars and you go through the quickly !

Even the dog likes it !

Warren !!
OH YIPPEEE!!!! You've made my day!!! I'm going to keep this post and if I can't find it when I arrive - going to PM you to send me over a crate to Melbourne!!!