Reload this Page >

TRS- claiming back GST at the airport

TRS- claiming back GST at the airport

Old Apr 5th 2004, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TRS- claiming back GST at the airport

Tourist Refund Sceme

This is probably a bit of useless information but for those who are planning trips to Oz did you know that if you pay more than $300 for one single item ,if you keep the purchase receipt when you are leaving the country you can claim back the GST.

Customs has the right to see the goods so it is strongly recommended that you carry goods in your hand luggage or your claim may be refused

The TRS only refunds GST on goods that are exported .
I was going to try to make a claim for accommodation and car rental but as these are services that are consumed in Australia before departure they are not eligible for a refund

Diane
Old Apr 5th 2004, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: TRS- claiming back GST at the airport

Originally posted by dibrucewillis
Tourist Refund Sceme

This is probably a bit of useless information but for those who are planning trips to Oz did you know that if you pay more than $300 for one single item ,if you keep the purchase receipt when you are leaving the country you can claim back the GST.

Customs has the right to see the goods so it is strongly recommended that you carry goods in your hand luggage or your claim may be refused

The TRS only refunds GST on goods that are exported .
I was going to try to make a claim for accommodation and car rental but as these are services that are consumed in Australia before departure they are not eligible for a refund

Diane
I've done this on both trips to Oz - be warned they will ask to see the goods, so don't pack them in your suitcase !!! It stops you claiming on somebody else's invoices.