Tribute Posters

Old Aug 12th 2003, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tribute Posters

I have seen a new phenomenon on the site and it is very flattering. So flattering, in fact, that I am ashamed to say that I am here to brag about it and to make a public "thank you".

I have seen that Porkchop has started posting in my style "to save me from doing so", as he says. Well, I have heard all about tribute bands from my kids, where people who are fervent fans perform the material of their heroes, and so it seems that I have a "tribute poster". This makes an old feller like me blush and feel very much looked up to.

I see, also, that Chippy has done the same for Pommie Bastard and so it seems that PB also has a "tribute poster" in Chipstick. PB may not feel like saying so (modesty may get the better of him) but it must be very gratifying for him to have youngsters look up to him like this too.

Anyway, I would like to thank these young fans for their making us their idols, and say that you are not overlooked, even if we cannot respond to your posts straight away.

Badges in the post, boys.