Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Travelling to work?

Travelling to work?

Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Goodwin will become famous soon enoughGoodwin will become famous soon enough
Default Travelling to work?

I have just accepted an employment offer in North Ryde, Sydney. I am flying out on the 23rd August and start work on the 29th!!!

Can anyone tell me how easy/hard it is to get from Manly area to North Ryde?

And also from Bondi Junction to North Ryde?

Not sure where we are going to rent to begin with. We will probably stay in Sydney Central YHA to begin with for a couple of days.

Is it possible to get the train to North Ryde? Or is it a bus route?

Thanks for any info
Old Jul 16th 2005, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Bob AG is just really niceBob AG is just really niceBob AG is just really niceBob AG is just really niceBob AG is just really niceBob AG is just really niceBob AG is just really niceBob AG is just really niceBob AG is just really nice
Default Re: Travelling to work?

Originally Posted by Goodwin
I have just accepted an employment offer in North Ryde, Sydney. I am flying out on the 23rd August and start work on the 29th!!!

Not sure where we are going to rent to begin with. We will probably stay in Sydney Central YHA to begin with for a couple of days.

Thanks for any info

It will be easy to get a train to North Ryde from 2007 as they are currently building a new line connecting it to the world. NR is a relatively new office bulding complex etc not on the current rail line.

There should be decent bus services from either Manly or Bondi Junction, have a check at this site for info...

http://www.131500.info/

Probably best to drive, as you will be going against the city traffic for most of the way, until you join the crowd that's also going to NR.

Can't tell you much more as I haven't really got the foggiest idea about local geography - if its not between my house and the pub, I don't know how to get there!!

I hope someone who does know responds with something a bit more useful!!

Cheers

Bob
Old Jul 16th 2005, 5:10 pm
Merlot

Thanks for any info
Lots of units around Macquarie Park which is North Ryde where the businesses are, seems a fair few up from grabs at around £250 pw for the more basic.

I worked in a business on the Macquarie Uni complex, lived just off Khartoum Road, near AstraZeneca up to April 2001. Things will have changed somewhat mind but you are welcome to PM me.

Manly to North Ryde, pain in bum unless you have a car, I would imagine at least two buses. I worked/lived in Manly when I first arrived then moved in with hubby to be in North Ryde, the commute in the car was tiring.

Good luck
M

Old Jul 18th 2005, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Goodwin will become famous soon enoughGoodwin will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Merlot
Lots of units around Macquarie Park which is North Ryde where the businesses are, seems a fair few up from grabs at around £250 pw for the more basic.

I worked in a business on the Macquarie Uni complex, lived just off Khartoum Road, near AstraZeneca up to April 2001. Things will have changed somewhat mind but you are welcome to PM me.

Manly to North Ryde, pain in bum unless you have a car, I would imagine at least two buses. I worked/lived in Manly when I first arrived then moved in with hubby to be in North Ryde, the commute in the car was tiring.

Good luck
M
Hmmmm seems like there is no direct public transport will have to look into getting own transport asap.

Thanks
Old Jul 18th 2005, 6:10 pm
Merlot

Hmmmm seems like there is no direct public transport will have to look into getting own transport asap.

Thanks
Your welcome, best of luck

Merlot