Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Travelling times - Perth to Mandurah & in-between for those deciding where to live

Travelling times - Perth to Mandurah & in-between for those deciding where to live

Old May 31st 2004, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Travelling times - Perth to Mandurah & in-between for those deciding where to live

OK, travelled home from Burswood Theatre to Halls Head on Saturday evening, roads were nice and quiet and got stuck at a couple of sets of traffic lights, but journey was straightforward and an easy run. Stuck to speed limits all the way and made a mental note of how long it took to reach certain exits from the freeway - I know there are many of you thinking of living south of Perth but are concerned about the commuting times. Obviously you have to add a few minutes on to the times shown to allow for peak rush hour and the extra roads that lead to your house/place of work, but it gives you an idea of how far away these places actually are, and whether or not the distance would bother you.

North Rockingham & Kwinana - 25 minutes
South Rockingham & Baldivis - 35 minutes
Secret Harbour - 45 minutes
Singleton - 47 minutes
Meadow Springs - 50 minutes
Central Mandurah - 53 minutes
Halls Head - 58 minutes

Travelling further south to Dawesville say, I estimate it would take another 5 minutes, all the way to Bunbury would be another hour.
Old May 31st 2004, 8:00 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling times - Perth to Mandurah & in-between for those deciding where to live

Originally posted by Jacqui
OK, travelled home from Burswood Theatre to Halls Head on Saturday evening, roads were nice and quiet and got stuck at a couple of sets of traffic lights, but journey was straightforward and an easy run. Stuck to speed limits all the way and made a mental note of how long it took to reach certain exits from the freeway - I know there are many of you thinking of living south of Perth but are concerned about the commuting times. Obviously you have to add a few minutes on to the times shown to allow for peak rush hour and the extra roads that lead to your house/place of work, but it gives you an idea of how far away these places actually are, and whether or not the distance would bother you.

Singleton - 47 minutes
Halls Head - 58 minutes

Travelling further south to Dawesville say, I estimate it would take another 5 minutes, all the way to Bunbury would be another hour.

Jacqui,

Thanks for that. When we were originally deciding between either Perth or Melbourne I trawled the internet (not successfully) to find out travel times between Perth and its surrounding areas (I have a UBD map of Perth & Melbourne which are fantastic but had to roughly guess travel times). Your info would have been a huge help to us for planning how far from Perth we could go without too much travel time for hubbie for work . We're on course of Melbourne, but you never know.......

D D

D D
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Salli is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jacqui,
thanks for that....DH and I are planning on Perth and your travel times help no end.
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

trainee_pilot will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Travelling times - Perth to Mandurah & in-between for those deciding where to live

Originally posted by Jacqui

Singleton - 47 minutes
Halls Head - 58 minutes

Thanks a bunch, looking to come over to Perth (and do some east coast too) in March 05 to check out places to live, was hoping to look at the places you mention so have found this a great help in planning our trip.