Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Travelling times from Kalamunda to CBD

Travelling times from Kalamunda to CBD

Old Sep 18th 2006, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

jojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to behold
Default Travelling times from Kalamunda to CBD

Hi, we're still researching areas to live on arrival. We have booked a two week rental in Kallaroo initially but are still shortlisting areas to settle. We are looking at areas around Carine but also Kalamunda. I will hopefully be working at King Edwards Hospital in Subiaco and wondered about travel times to work as a friend has suggested it's quite far out. The information on Aussiemove puts them both about 15kms from Perth CBD. Would also appreciate any info about Primary schools in these areas too. Shippers arrive on Thursday and leaving UK next month....Aaargghh!! :scared:

Many thanks for any information received!!!
Old Sep 18th 2006, 9:06 am
Just Joined

Jokat will become famous soon enoughJokat will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Travelling times from Kalamunda to CBD

If you choose Kalamunda then you're in for a bit of a hike to Subiaco! I would say it would take you around 40 mins to CBD from there, in average traffic, maybe even longer.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

jojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jokat
If you choose Kalamunda then you're in for a bit of a hike to Subiaco! I would say it would take you around 40 mins to CBD from there, in average traffic, maybe even longer.
I'm kind of used to a bit of travel. At the moment we live in a little village in Oxfordshire and it takes me about 30mins to get in to work at the moment. I'd be happy to do anything under an hour if the area and schools were worth it!
Old Sep 18th 2006, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

probably looking at about an hour at peak times
Old Sep 18th 2006, 10:44 am
One of Big G's girls.

Loubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jojo90
Hi, we're still researching areas to live on arrival. We have booked a two week rental in Kallaroo initially but are still shortlisting areas to settle. We are looking at areas around Carine but also Kalamunda. I will hopefully be working at King Edwards Hospital in Subiaco and wondered about travel times to work as a friend has suggested it's quite far out. The information on Aussiemove puts them both about 15kms from Perth CBD. Would also appreciate any info about Primary schools in these areas too. Shippers arrive on Thursday and leaving UK next month....Aaargghh!! :scared:

Many thanks for any information received!!!
Hiya

We live in Kalamunda and I also work in Subiaco. I do shifts, so its a bit different to rush hour but it takes around 40 mins in the week and can be a bit less on Sundays. Its great driving out of the city to the Hills after work, so I don't mind the journey at all, although its mostly along the Great Eastern Highway, so not very pretty.

I have heard that the primary school in Kalamunda is good. I know someone who moved out of area, but still has the children go there as they are really settled and doing well.

Good luck with your move