Reload this Page >

Travelling in Sydney

Travelling in Sydney

Old Dec 24th 2007, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

billaustin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travelling in Sydney

Hi All,
I am making my initial entry for 2 weeks in Sunny Sydney in Jan.
I was wondering if anyone can suggest the most economical/comfortable way to travel around the City. Some say to get the Sydney Pass etc...But I want to gather some suggestion from you folks.
So if you think you know the most comfortable & economical way to travel around Sydney; please drop a line.
Cheers
Old Dec 27th 2007, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

holmes will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Travelling in Sydney

I simply walked around Sydney - it's not that big! It's a great way to get your bearings and get the feel of the place.
Occasional tube ride out to Bondi or similar weren't expensive.

Have fun!
Old Dec 27th 2007, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

http://www.131500.com.au/ticketandfa...ravel_pass.asp

The travel pass is much cheper than the sydney pass. The sydney pass includes things like cruises and the tourist buses but just getting around you will prob be OK with the travel pass that allows travel on all standard buses trains and ferries. Click on the link -- check out the exclusions to see whether or not you are likely to use them.....
Old Dec 30th 2007, 4:17 pm
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Deffo wander around and get yourself lost though mate, best way to see the place. And there's nothing quite like getting off the bus too early and walking in the general direction of the harbour, only to turn a corner and suddenly hav the bridge in front of you, closely followed by the opera house. One of my fondest memories and getting lost is a talent of mine.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 12:18 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

I used the travelpass and it was fine for me, I spent a day riding the ferries with it but it doesn't cover the manly ferry
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

KevC has a spectacular aura aboutKevC has a spectacular aura aboutKevC has a spectacular aura about

I lived and worked in Sydney for 9 months in 2002-03 and found the red travelpass brilliant - it will cover all you need (buses/metro/ferries) in the city and inner suburbs really, and only costs $35 for 7 days. bargain.