Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Travelling with supplements

Travelling with supplements

Old Sep 15th 2008, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

stepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nice
Default Travelling with supplements

Wonder if anyone can help? I take a supplement that contains extract of bovine adrenal gland (tablet form) does anyone know whether it will raise any concerns at customs, whether I should declare it etc. The only info I can find that is similar on the customs website is Growth hormones and substances of human or animal origin (restricted import) but it doesn't seem to fall into the categories given under this heading. Contacted the company that makes it & the only help they could offer was that he himself had travelled to NZ with the same product, though from the sounds of it, it was just for a holiday I'll be carrying a couple of months supply with me. Don't really want to ask customs unless I really have to just wondering if anyone else had any experience?
Old Sep 15th 2008, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

philnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud of
Default Re: Travelling with supplements

You can buy it out there pretty cheap I had a look last time I was out in Perth, to be honest I wouldnt take the risk.

I think I know what your talking about as I used to take the same thing last year then moved on to other supplements.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stepbeanie
Wonder if anyone can help? I take a supplement that contains extract of bovine adrenal gland (tablet form) does anyone know whether it will raise any concerns at customs, whether I should declare it etc. The only info I can find that is similar on the customs website is Growth hormones and substances of human or animal origin (restricted import) but it doesn't seem to fall into the categories given under this heading. Contacted the company that makes it & the only help they could offer was that he himself had travelled to NZ with the same product, though from the sounds of it, it was just for a holiday I'll be carrying a couple of months supply with me. Don't really want to ask customs unless I really have to just wondering if anyone else had any experience?
Hi,

I think you must declare it and I think once it is for yourself then you will be ok. I take medication and will also be bringing a few months supply with me.
Best wishes
Helena
Old Sep 15th 2008, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

stepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nicestepbeanie is just really nice

It's called adrenucleo (for CFS or ME) if there is something similar available in Australia could you possibly tell me what it is called? I've been searching everywhere & can't get a lead for the life of me.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by helena39
Hi,

I think you must declare it and I think once it is for yourself then you will be ok. I take medication and will also be bringing a few months supply with me.
Best wishes
Helena
Unfortunately it wasn't prescribed by my Dr. Who if I asked very nicely may just give me a letter to say that I do need it. God never even thought of declaring my prescription meds, thank goodness I'm not going through Thailand that's all I'm saying !

ps my Doctor isn't called Dr. Who
Old Sep 15th 2008, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stepbeanie
Unfortunately it wasn't prescribed by my Dr. Who if I asked very nicely may just give me a letter to say that I do need it. God never even thought of declaring my prescription meds, thank goodness I'm not going through Thailand that's all I'm saying !

ps my Doctor isn't called Dr. Who
I was watching Nothing to Declare not long ago and it was about a lady that was carrying a very expensive medication. It looks so scary on that programme It would put the fear of God into you
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by helena39
I was watching Nothing to Declare not long ago and it was about a lady that was carrying a very expensive medication. It looks so scary on that programme It would put the fear of God into you
I haven't seen that program, not sure that I want to either. Not quite sure how much it costs on the black market but doubt that it would buy me a small coffee if I sold it