British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   travelling with ps3/x box in hand luggage (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/travelling-ps3-x-box-hand-luggage-564639/)

Babsw Oct 1st 2008 1:47 pm

travelling with ps3/x box in hand luggage

my sons are wanting to take their ps3 and x box in their hand luggage when we move next week.They didn't want to put them in the suitcases in case they get knocked about while travelling and were going to bubble wrap them in their hand luggage bags. They aren't really taking any thing else so not concerned about the weight just if it will be ok to take them through customs like that? :confused:

Bibbs Oct 1st 2008 2:06 pm

Re: travelling with ps3/x box in hand luggage

Would have thought so. It'll xray and be shown to just be the same as a laptop.

A few years back now, I bought a remote control car though. Servo's, and transmitting/recieving equipment.

Can't see that being allowed now.

Babsw Oct 1st 2008 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Bibbs (Post 6835833)
Would have thought so. It'll xray and be shown to just be the same as a laptop.

A few years back now, I bought a remote control car though. Servo's, and transmitting/recieving equipment.

Can't see that being allowed now.

Oh,wow, never even thought about all that with remote control car!
Thanks for that,thought myself it would be ok but you have to be so careful now.I'd like them to be able to take them as at that age they are their life and if they go in container they won't arrive till Dec but could get sooo damaged in suitcase too.

poppyjasper Oct 1st 2008 9:06 pm

We bought my sons ps2 in our hand luggage and had no problems. We also went all over America en-route and no one said anything.
They will probably have to take it out of their bag though when it goes through the x-ray machine.

Hope that helps.
P x

egghead4 Oct 2nd 2008 5:23 am

we brought an xbox 360 and playstation 3. we just put them in our pull along hand luggage, to be honest they are not that heavy and as long as you stick within the limits of hand luggage sizes you'll be fine. we did a rekkie in june so we were only allowed 20kg each:curse:
we went out and bought two reasonably sized hand luggage bags and put them in there, of course they were then surrounded by my shoes and bits and bobs:)
they went straight through heathrow, we were checked in singapore, but they only wanted to see what it exactly was, no problemo:thumbup:
bec

Babsw Oct 2nd 2008 6:03 am

thanks everyone for that info, I was fairly sure would be ok but good to know others have done same.We've bought those pull along hand luggages and being boys they don't have much else by way of hand luggage so weight won't be an issue( how do they travel so light..I have every thing for emergencies with me!!!?- altho i guess that answers my question!)

sinderelle Oct 2nd 2008 7:13 am

we've taken daughter's ps2 in hand luggage to numerous countries numerous times - the only time we've ever been asked to open the luggage is when we took the Buzz buzzers with us - LOL