Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Travelling with Medication

Travelling with Medication

Old May 27th 2012, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

Opal has a brilliant futureOpal has a brilliant futureOpal has a brilliant futureOpal has a brilliant futureOpal has a brilliant futureOpal has a brilliant futureOpal has a brilliant futureOpal has a brilliant future
Default Travelling with Medication

Hi, my mum who has lung problems is hoping to come over and visit us in December from the UK, she takes a lot of medication, steroids etc, she would like to travel with Emirates but I am a bit worried that going through Dubai would be a mistake, and whether she would be better going through Singapore instead?! She is going to get assistance if possible but wondered if anyone had any experience of taking medication through either airport and if one was better than the other for her? Thanks
Old May 27th 2012, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

taylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Travelling with Medication

Not a problem whatsover, my parents have lived in duabi for 8 years i have gone from oz to dubai and back and dubai uk and back numerous times with antidepressants and Clexane pre filled syringes, i always take a doctors note but never ever been asked for it or stopped and i have to carry the syringes in my hand luggage as need to inject very close to flying time and so it always go through the xray and never ever even had bag looked at.

Think dubai gets a bad rep in general but its all fine lol
Old May 27th 2012, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

taylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant futuretaylor25 has a brilliant future

oh sorry and yes i only ever fly with emirates so no problems there!
Old May 27th 2012, 9:08 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Opal
Hi, my mum who has lung problems is hoping to come over and visit us in December from the UK, she takes a lot of medication, steroids etc, she would like to travel with Emirates but I am a bit worried that going through Dubai would be a mistake, and whether she would be better going through Singapore instead?! She is going to get assistance if possible but wondered if anyone had any experience of taking medication through either airport and if one was better than the other for her? Thanks
Get a letter from the doctor to say exactly what drugs she is carrying and what they have been prescribed for, and carry it with her.
Old May 28th 2012, 8:40 am
Just Joined

karim_mo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Opal
My wife traveled boarding Etihad airways & Egyptair with insulin, no problems at all and she even requested the air hostess to put the insulin in the fridge
Old May 28th 2012, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

Opal has a brilliant futureOpal has a brilliant futureOpal has a brilliant futureOpal has a brilliant futureOpal has a brilliant futureOpal has a brilliant futureOpal has a brilliant futureOpal has a brilliant future

Thanks for all the replies, will make sure she gets a doctors letter to bring with her