Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Travelling with medication????

Travelling with medication????

Old Jan 29th 2006, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Question Travelling with medication????

Hi, am due to leave this week from Gatwick via Dubai onto Perth. I need to carry some medication for migraine with me but a worried that I may be stopped!!!!!
Has anybody had any problems whilst travelling with medication??
Also, is it ok to have Calpol in your bag!!!!!! have 2 children and always take it just in case!!!!

Old Jan 29th 2006, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Cuddles is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Travelling with medication????

Originally Posted by stumpysean
Hi, am due to leave this week from Gatwick via Dubai onto Perth. I need to carry some medication for migraine with me but a worried that I may be stopped!!!!!
Also, is it ok to have Calpol in your bag!!!!!! have 2 children and always take it just in case!!!!

Hi, I took on the flight with me, 3mths worth of Thyroid tablets, 3 mths worth of Blood pressure tablets, calpol, nurofen for kids and us, Phenogen and some hayfever stuff. I never got stopped once. Perhaps I was lucky. I remember reading somewhere if it has a prescription tag on it showing it was prescribed by a doctor you should be ok.

Hope this has helped a little. Good luck with the trip.

Lin
Old Jan 29th 2006, 7:57 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

so long as its labeled as yours then there shouldn't be any problems. wife toke thyroxine into new york, me anti-biotic and ibuprofen with no problems. i think if your being obvious with it then your not smuggling.
Old Jan 29th 2006, 8:39 pm
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

Im a firm believer in being prepared, so when went on holiday to Melbourne, I took, capol, neurofen, phenergan liquid, phenergan tablets, migraleve, paracetamols, 2 asthma inhalers, plus all the usual savlon, plasters etc, etc, etc and didnt have a prob, :scared: just as well really

Jo
Old Jan 29th 2006, 8:57 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a similar thread from yesterday, may be worth reading!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=351330
Old Jan 30th 2006, 10:55 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

If you're traveling via Dubai make sure that none of your medicines contain codeine! Otherwise you'll spend a few weeks in jail.

There was the case of a British woman last year, who had been precribed a painkiller containing codeine by her GP after she'd been in a car accident. She spent 7 weeks in jail in Dubai shackled to a wall and had to go through a trial before they would allow her to fly home.

Gina