British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Travelling with a dog from the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/travelling-dog-uk-942715/)

ashley207 Feb 9th 2022 8:13 am

Travelling with a dog from the UK

We are just about to put in our main visa application and are looking over costs again. Can anyone recommend reputable companies in the UK for shipping my dog over, best places to look for information and any advice from anyone that has any experience of doing this.
I’m aware most places require sizes etc to give you quotes but she’s a puppy so is still growing. It’s more looking for decent companies so I can get a rough idea by contacting them.

verystormy Feb 10th 2022 5:20 am

Re: Travelling with a dog from the UK

Pet Air are one of the best and owned by vets. Bob, the owner is incredibly helpful

Mrs M Feb 14th 2022 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by ashley207 (Post 13093536)
We are just about to put in our main visa application and are looking over costs again. Can anyone recommend reputable companies in the UK for shipping my dog over, best places to look for information and any advice from anyone that has any experience of doing this.
I’m aware most places require sizes etc to give you quotes but she’s a puppy so is still growing. It’s more looking for decent companies so I can get a rough idea by contacting them.

We shipped our dog in 2009 it cost 5k for the long quarantine and costs. The dog was about 4 years old and with hindsight it wasn't a good idea I wish I had re-homed him in the U.K. For many reasons.

nhs84 Apr 29th 2022 1:00 am

I used Jason’s Pet Relocation and they were amazing. Especially since we wanted to break up the journey so actually imported my dog into Singapore first and then Australia a few days later.

verystormy Apr 29th 2022 4:26 am

Another vote for Pet Air. Bob is also a vet.

UKmitch86 Jun 22nd 2022 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by ashley207 (Post 13093536)

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm trying to get my Shih Tzu over and most places are saying they can't take them at the moment.

ashley207 Jun 29th 2022 9:44 pm

Hi,

No, I had stopped looking as we were waiting for word on our visas. We’ve just had this granted so I’ll be looking in to it again. Hopefully this has resolved as we hope to move this side of Christmas.

Have you had any luck since?

Ashley