Reload this Page >

Traveling to Australia

Traveling to Australia

Old May 15th 2005, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

alwin328 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Traveling to Australia

Hello...

I heard that the migrants call avail discount on airfare and extra baggage allowance, if they seek the assistance of IOM. Can anyone give me infromation on this ..

Thanks
Old May 15th 2005, 12:44 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Traveling to Australia

Originally Posted by alwin328
Hello...

I heard that the migrants call avail discount on airfare and extra baggage allowance, if they seek the assistance of IOM. Can anyone give me infromation on this ..

Thanks
There was a thread on this a few weeks ago - if you do a search for IOM and it should turn up. I f I remember rightly I think the upshot was that they no longer help with the flights (it may just be for certain countries though)
Old May 15th 2005, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

jskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by alwin328
Hello...

Thanks
Indeed ... www.iom.int offers assistance. We just booked tickets from Oslo to Melbourne through them. You only get this fare when going on one-way tickets. They want to make sure you're not into it only for the vacation stuff ..

Proper migrants only!

We got about 1000 GBP for 2 adults, 1 child and 1 infant. Pretty good deal compared to what I could dig up!

You should call your local IOM office..

/Jørgen
Old May 15th 2005, 7:44 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Traveling to Australia

Originally Posted by jskogsta
Indeed ... www.iom.int offers assistance. We just booked tickets from Oslo to Melbourne through them. You only get this fare when going on one-way tickets. They want to make sure you're not into it only for the vacation stuff ..

Proper migrants only!

We got about 1000 GBP for 2 adults, 1 child and 1 infant. Pretty good deal compared to what I could dig up!

You should call your local IOM office..

/Jørgen
Do they charge anything for this service or is it free?

R.
Old May 15th 2005, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

jskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Carruss
Do they charge anything for this service or is it free?

R.
Well; they have a service fee, but nothing worth caring much about. It's like 10-20 GBP or something; max.

For us, at least, IOM was by far the best option. There are the odd cons like 1) one-way tickets only and 2) no stop-overs during flights ... which puts somebody off. For us that was never an option anyways since I have work waiting for me ..

It's worth a short anyways. Not sure how it relates to UK since flights are cheaper there than from here in Norway. But; we are flying BA; Oslo - London - Melbourne .. so I recon they should be able to provide decent prices to migrants anyways.

They should also give you the 2x baggage allowance as part of the package.

When are you planning to fly out?

/Jørgen
Old May 16th 2005, 6:21 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Traveling to Australia

Originally Posted by jskogsta
Well; they have a service fee, but nothing worth caring much about. It's like 10-20 GBP or something; max.

For us, at least, IOM was by far the best option. There are the odd cons like 1) one-way tickets only and 2) no stop-overs during flights ... which puts somebody off. For us that was never an option anyways since I have work waiting for me ..

It's worth a short anyways. Not sure how it relates to UK since flights are cheaper there than from here in Norway. But; we are flying BA; Oslo - London - Melbourne .. so I recon they should be able to provide decent prices to migrants anyways.

They should also give you the 2x baggage allowance as part of the package.

When are you planning to fly out?

/Jørgen
Thanks for this. We have not even got our visa yet, in fact we are awaiting the outcome of our TRA application at the moment (4 weeks today thay have had it). Its just that I try to collect as much info as possible so we are ready for when the big day comes!

Thanks again and all the best to you,

R.