Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Travel on the way to Oz

Travel on the way to Oz

Old Jul 29th 2002, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

oldblues_no7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travel on the way to Oz

Currently applying for skilled migration but want to travel for 6-12 months prior to getting to Sydney to live.

Are there any reasons why my wife and I would need to be in the UK during the visa processing other than for health and social checks?

Or is it better to wait for the PR first?

Thanks
Darren
Old Jul 29th 2002, 4:26 pm
Banned

newstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Travel on the way to Oz

The answer is that you can be anywhere. Think, eg. of expat Brits working outside UK but applying for immigration, they are in the same position. Naturally you would want to be easily contactable by your case officer but these days that does not present parrticular problems.
Old Jul 29th 2002, 4:52 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

I guess the most logical thing to do in this case is to use a country-independent web-based email address that doesn't clear your emails after 30 days of inactivity! (Hotmail comes to mind...)

And if possible, have a cellphone that roams where you go, too.

Cheers,
Peter
Old Jul 29th 2002, 5:20 pm
Jaj

One problem with travelling during processing is that it is essential that your case
officer has a reliable contact address / telephone number for you.

Jeremy

>On 29 Jul 2002 15:20:37 GMT, oldblues_no7 <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Currently applying for skilled migration but want to travel for 6-12 months prior to
    >getting to Sydney to live.
    >
    >Are there any reasons why my wife and I would need to be in the UK during the visa
    >processing other than for health and social checks?
    >
    >Or is it better to wait for the PR first?
    >
    >Thanks Darren
    >
    >
    >
    >--