Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Travel Time to CBD from Kalamunda/Lesmurdie/Gooseberry Hill

Travel Time to CBD from Kalamunda/Lesmurdie/Gooseberry Hill

Old Jan 10th 2008, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

movin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nice
Default Travel Time to CBD from Kalamunda/Lesmurdie/Gooseberry Hill

Hello All

We are looking to live in maybe Kalamunda/Lesmurdie or Gooseberry Hill and I wondered how easy it was to commute to the CBD via the nearest train station or by bus. I think the nearest stations are Guildford on the A line or Beckenham on the B,C. I think there is a bus station at Kalamunda.

I personally think it will take at least 20mins to the train station plus another 20mins on the train. No idea about the bus. OH seems to think the commute will be ok. We can't afford 2 cars just now and I will need it for the kids during the day.

Any comments would be gratefully received. Or alternative suburb suggestions (believe me I have trawled the threads over and over again!). It's so difficult trying to do research from here....

Thanks
Old Jan 11th 2008, 12:27 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel Time to CBD from Kalamunda/Lesmurdie/Gooseberry Hill

Originally Posted by movin'on
Hello All

We are looking to live in maybe Kalamunda/Lesmurdie or Gooseberry Hill and I wondered how easy it was to commute to the CBD via the nearest train station or by bus. I think the nearest stations are Guildford on the A line or Beckenham on the B,C. I think there is a bus station at Kalamunda.

I personally think it will take at least 20mins to the train station plus another 20mins on the train. No idea about the bus. OH seems to think the commute will be ok. We can't afford 2 cars just now and I will need it for the kids during the day.

Any comments would be gratefully received. Or alternative suburb suggestions (believe me I have trawled the threads over and over again!). It's so difficult trying to do research from here....

Thanks
I live in Kalamunda. Guildford is the closest station. I know people who live in Lesmurdie who get the train at Maddington (Armadale line). I tried taking the train fow a while - it's a pain in the ass. It's a 15min drive to the station - you can park for free. A 20min train ride plus waiting time at the station. Okay if you are working smack bang in the middle of the CBD, not so if you are not. The express bus from Kalamunda is about 45mins - a bit longer the other way. It would be my choice if I had to use public transport. Driving is easy. It takes me under 30mins (usually 25mins) in the morning and 30-40mins going home depending when I leave.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

movin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nice
Default Re: Travel Time to CBD from Kalamunda/Lesmurdie/Gooseberry Hill

Thanks - so basically it's do-able but not great but once we get 2 cars it'll be fine!
Thanks again.