Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

travel money etc

travel money etc

Old Jun 2nd 2014, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default travel money etc

anyone recommend where i can get some travel money for wife and bub when going to uk,somewhere that offers good exchange rate or is there any sort of travel card that can be purchased and loaded with money that can be used in in the uk or while traveling,if so would need to be able to get it right away.
I suppose there might be places online where money can be ordered but needs to be in hand injust over a week.
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 12:03 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: travel money etc

Originally Posted by brian.w
anyone recommend where i can get some travel money for wife and bub when going to uk,somewhere that offers good exchange rate or is there any sort of travel card that can be purchased and loaded with money that can be used in in the uk or while traveling,if so would need to be able to get it right away.
I suppose there might be places online where money can be ordered but needs to be in hand injust over a week.
Either use her normal debit card or go to your bank, get an international money card, load it up and use that.
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 1:14 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Brian.w have you ever heard of Google? And I ask this seriously!

If you don't own a credit/debit card, buy yourself "load&go" Visa card from post office. And for further info,,please thank the countless people who have done the searches for you, yet again, and helped you with simple questions answered in seconds by Google ....yet again without thanks from you to the BE community. Sorry if I'm getting banned over that comment but this is seriously wearing thin!!
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally Posted by teza

If you don't own a credit/debit card, buy yourself "load&go" Visa card from post office. And for further info,,please thank the countless people who have done the searches for you, yet again, and helped you with simple questions answered in seconds by Google ....yet again without thanks from you to the BE community. Sorry if I'm getting banned over that comment but this is seriously wearing thin!!
yes i have heard of google and im asking on here to see what others have used.
Old Jun 10th 2014, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

For goodness sake, give him a break, he wasn't asking for people to do the research for him but simply for advice on what others have used, isn't that what this forum is for!!
Old Jun 11th 2014, 9:34 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Have you ever read any of Brian's posts? Do a bit of a search for his history and you'll see where she's coming from.
Old Jun 11th 2014, 10:40 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassie
For goodness sake, give him a break, he wasn't asking for people to do the research for him but simply for advice on what others have used, isn't that what this forum is for!!
To be honest, Brian was voted by BE Australia most whatever for a reason. He asks a 10 simple questions in a row, rarely replies and even more rarely thanks for the advice, not to be seen until next lot of questions. As said read his past posts and you'll soon figure why he's on ignore list for most
Old Jun 11th 2014, 11:48 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, Brian was voted by BE Australia most whatever for a reason. He asks a 10 simple questions in a row, rarely replies and even more rarely thanks for the advice, not to be seen until next lot of questions. As said read his past posts and you'll soon figure why he's on ignore list for most
I'm happy to help Brian out when I can, as not everyone's good at searching out info. But Brian, I do get a bit cheesed off when you don't even acknowledge the effort put in to help you. Just say 'thanks' mate, it goes a long way!!
Old Jun 16th 2014, 1:46 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'm happy to help Brian out when I can, as not everyone's good at searching out info. But Brian, I do get a bit cheesed off when you don't even acknowledge the effort put in to help you. Just say 'thanks' mate, it goes a long way!!
Agreed. But I think what's even more frustrating is that Brian will be back in another 6 months or so asking the exact same question and completely forgetting all the good advice he's already been given!
Old Jun 16th 2014, 7:32 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Cash is the way to go - Flight Centre usually gives the best rate (sometimes it's the American Express booth in main Post Offices)

If you take AUD, the best place to convert them in the UK is M&S

The 28 Degree Mastercard is awesome - no annual fee, no international transaction fees on purchases and an exchange rate similar to xe.com
Old Jun 16th 2014, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

I always just use cash machines abroad. I'd rather take out smaller amounts than carry round big wedges of cash just to gain a few extra pence per dollar etc..
Old Jun 17th 2014, 11:04 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Originally Posted by comet555
Agreed. But I think what's even more frustrating is that Brian will be back in another 6 months or so asking the exact same question and completely forgetting all the good advice he's already been given!
Guaranteed to come back whilst missus is overseas or shortly after