Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Travel insurance for trip back to UK.

Travel insurance for trip back to UK.

Old Mar 15th 2007, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

liverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to all
Default Travel insurance for trip back to UK.

We're going back for a month pretty soon and I need to get some travel insurance. All the quotes I have for an annual family policy seem to be around the $500 mark. This is much more than I paid for my annual policy with Sainsburys when I was back in the UK (just looked at their website and price is 138 pounds - much cheaper). I was wondering whether it was possible to buy insurance in the UK instead and save a bit of money. Has anyone done this?
Old Mar 16th 2007, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all
Default Re: Travel insurance for trip back to UK.

Originally Posted by liverpool girl
We're going back for a month pretty soon and I need to get some travel insurance. All the quotes I have for an annual family policy seem to be around the $500 mark. This is much more than I paid for my annual policy with Sainsburys when I was back in the UK (just looked at their website and price is 138 pounds - much cheaper). I was wondering whether it was possible to buy insurance in the UK instead and save a bit of money. Has anyone done this?
Hi,

Its expensive isn`t it. We get around this, by paying for the flights on our visa card. We had our mortgage with a third party banking co, Colonial on a professional package, worldwide travel insurance free. We do however pay an annual fee to have this package $300. Is this not the cost of the insurance though? No, as the package also ensures that we get a 0.5% reduction on what ever the current variable mortgage rate is.

I`d check out different credit cards, to see if what type of insurance they have if you pay for flights on plastic. If you have a mortgage I`d have a think about mortgage co`s and what incentives packages they offer. Just a thought or two. Mandy