Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Travel Insurance to travel within Australia???

Travel Insurance to travel within Australia???

Old Feb 15th 2005, 3:20 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Travel Insurance to travel within Australia???

Do most people bother with Travel Insurance when going to another part of Australia? (for either Work or Pleasure?)

Whilst in the UK if I was going to say Cornwall for a week I wouldnt of even considered travel insurance, but if I was flying to spain for the week I would...

My natural instinct on going over East from Perth for a week was to get some, but relating it to the UK scenario I shouldnt bother ???

Maybe its the fact that the thought of a week in Cornwall was generally cold/wet etc where as the thought of a week in say the Sunshine Coast was warm and sunny and more like Spain...

So do people generally bother or not when travelling within OZ?

Steve
Old Feb 15th 2005, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel Insurance to travel within Australia???

Originally Posted by steve99
Do most people bother with Travel Insurance when going to another part of Australia? (for either Work or Pleasure?)

Whilst in the UK if I was going to say Cornwall for a week I wouldnt of even considered travel insurance, but if I was flying to spain for the week I would...

My natural instinct on going over East from Perth for a week was to get some, but relating it to the UK scenario I shouldnt bother ???

Maybe its the fact that the thought of a week in Cornwall was generally cold/wet etc where as the thought of a week in say the Sunshine Coast was warm and sunny and more like Spain...

So do people generally bother or not when travelling within OZ?

Steve

Obviously, you don't need any special health insurance if you're staying within the country. I guess some paranoid people might want to insure their baggage - but I've never heard of anyone doing it.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 3:51 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nickyc
Obviously, you don't need any special health insurance if you're staying within the country. I guess some paranoid people might want to insure their baggage - but I've never heard of anyone doing it.
I guess it depends on ones ambulance insurance. That can add up if needed.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 4:17 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

I must be one of the paranoid ones

I had annual insurance in the UK which covered me for all holidays in a year - Holidays in the UK included and we needed this once when on a driving holiday the car was smashed up and all our luggage stolen.

But check your household contents insurance we have covered ourselves for goods to a certain value away from the house with NRMA - things like jewellery, watches etc and laptops camaras - so we haven't the need to double up with some insurance. We check the car is covered for the long trips and you could check your normal cover if going to do some 'sports' not covered on your health insurance, skiing/diving/parachuting etc.

Believe me it can be a real pain and very costly trying to get back from somewhere if something goes wrong. And luggage does go missing on internal flights too!

Cheers

PS edited to say I would not even dream of travelling for work unless I had full insurance cover and they picked up all costs of getting me back!

Last edited by Sandra; Feb 15th 2005 at 4:20 am.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 5:02 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the responses everyone. I think I'll check out what ive already got through house insurance etc.
Cheers
Steve