Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Travel Insurance on student visa?

Travel Insurance on student visa?

Old Jan 7th 2003, 9:00 pm
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: Cardiff, UK
Posts: 21
lilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travel Insurance on student visa?

I'm not sure whether anyone can help me with this but I'm heading to Australia on a 2yr student visa next month and was asked today in the bank whether I had taken out travel insurance. I've been so organised with everything but to be honest I haven't even thought about this because of the fact that I'm not going on holiday and I'm not travelling either. I'm not quite sure what would happen in these circumstances - do I need to have travel insurance and will it need to be for the whole time I'm studying or is there some other kind of insurance I need??

The other query I have is to do with contents insurance. I've already shipped over 2 boxes of personal effects and although they are insured for their journey over to Australia I will obviously need to insure them once I'm settled. I'm assuming that this can be arranged from Australia and that I don't need to insure it before I go??

Cheers for any info
lilly is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.